• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I want some smokeable cigars...damn it.

Great King Rat

Elevergun, started a thread regarding bad tasting / not aged cigars. However, I think what would be good source of info for us newbie’s is (What cigars are smokable when young). We do not have the space, money, or the patience to let the cigars age, as they should. We can only find few boxes here and there that have some age on them.

So the question is, Vote on your best tasting young cigars.

I kept hearing PSD4's. However, I found out differently.

Try and find some coronas, lonsdales or petite coronas. Cigars of this ring gauge can be very smokeable with only a year or two of age. Partagas SD4's in my opinion suck when young, they need a good 4-5 years.

My first advice is the same that I gave before. Patience Little Grasshopper. Do yourself a favor and develop a certain modicum of patience and let your cigars age.

The Master said:
Try and find some coronas, lonsdales or petite coronas. Cigars of this ring gauge can be very smokeable with only a year or two of age. Partagas SD4's in my opinion suck when young, they need a good 4-5 years.
[snapback]247463[/snapback]​

OK, my second piece of advice follows on the heels of what The_Master said. In addition to smaller ring gauges, try cigars that are on the milder side...less tannic. El Rey Del Mundo, Juan Lopez, and Rafael Gonzalez all meet these criteria. They are milder and less tannic even when young.

Good advise on smaller ring gauges. Any other brands less tannic with good flavor besides El Rey Del Mundo, Juan Lopez, and Rafael Gonzalez.

Explore some of the less popular brands such as San Luis Rey as many times you can find boxes with a few years of age on them without paying a premium. There are SLR series A and Regios from 2003 readily available now from several vendors. Seek and ye shall find!! :D :D

My advice would be to contact your vendors and ask if they have any aged stock and if so what. It is not uncommon to find many 98s still available as well as 01s. Sure you may pay a small premium, but you don't have to wait for anything, except maybe a little rest time after their travel.

Stock up on Trinidad Reyes and smoke them while you let anything else you buy age.

in my opinion...the best young(less than 3 years)cigars

cohiba siglo I

jlo patricias

derrek :)

I hear that Camels are pretty good right from the store. ;)

bolivar PC
sancho panza non plus
cohiba siglo I
H upmann mag 46
PSD4 young are alright but the sick time turns me off to them
PSP2 is great young
trinidad reyes with 8-12 months are great
I was quite suprised with the RyJ petit pyramid, great for a young EL

hope that helps, this is what i like young