• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I was not a fan when I heard this

When I was in basic, we had females in our CO, PLT, SQD, and team.
We showers and slept in separate barracks, but went to the field, ranges and trained together....this was 1997
Humm well that might be the cause now cause I went through in 1985.

But you had PICTURES!

My bad. Sorry to distract you like that, bro. :p

I'm a little touchy on this one. Women volunteering to serve having to watch out for US is kind of a sore point with me. I don't have a solution, but some guys just don't seem to have good home training. So I tend to look at this as, well, how can we teach them women are actual whole live person type human beings?

I don't know that co-ed boot is a solution to that problem, but I just feel like maybe it's a START.

~Boar

My bad. Sorry to distract you like that, bro. :p

I'm a little touchy on this one. Women volunteering to serve having to watch out for US is kind of a sore point with me. I don't have a solution, but some guys just don't seem to have good home training. So I tend to look at this as, well, how can we teach them women are actual whole live person type human beings?

I don't know that co-ed boot is a solution to that problem, but I just feel like maybe it's a START.

~Boar
Actually those pics you posted were of the first 2 of only 3 women to graduate Army Ranger School.

I'm not a fan of changing tradition! What next, giving them "time out" cards like the Army gives their current recruits? I tell very recruit I talk to to throw the thing away, as soon as they get it. They really don't want to be "that guy"!

Floyd T