• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ice storm......

bfreebern

Yada, Yada, Yada.
Reaction score
Anyone else get hit by this storm? 3 inches of ice, trees down, no power to some places. Got to work today and we're running off generators.

100,000 people in Tulsa without power as of early this morning. I can handle snow, but ice is another thing all together.

I was in an Oklahoma ice storm and it was ugly. Stuck in OK City for 3 days.

Doesn't this happen at least once every winter Brandon?

We've been watching the reports from DFW and you and your family have been in our prayers. Be very careful driving on that ice brother.

Ouch! Same thing happened to us a few years ago in NE Texas. It took some of my friends over a week to get power back. I hope they get it cleaned up quick for you guys. That was a long week for us, and I'm sure it's rough up there too.

D

Ice storms are nuts

icestorm6.jpg

The biggest problem with ice storms is cowboys with 4-wheel drive. Dumb asses actually think it works on ice.

Doc.

The biggest problem with ice storms is cowboys with 4-wheel drive. Dumb asses actually think it works on ice.

Doc.

.....and soccer-moms from the suburbs with their SUVs.

Stay safe Brandon, we are supposed to get the worst of it overnight here in KC which sucks because I have a final tomorrow. We'll see what happens I guess.

Brandon,

Rain is just now hitting us up Ponca City way. I work with the rural electric coop up here a lot and no one is watching the weather as close as these guys. Stay safe....and inside if you can!

I stepped out my front door and almost did a split. One foot on the door jam and one sliding ever farther away from me.
I imagined bouncing down my three cement stairs on my kohones.

I know youall were worried, but me and mine made it out safely.

edited: cant spell

Doc.

LOL, yep that's a huge problem. I can drive on snow all day, but when it comes to ice, I drive 25 all the way.

What's worse is that we just came in from having a damn fire alarm go off.....in 29 degree weather and it's drizzling out. Wife called to say that we have our neighbors tree limbs now in our driveway. What a day this is turning out to be.

Gonna need a stiff drink and a cigar.

Stay safe if you're in this situation, if you live in Illinois then you have experienced this wonderful event. The best thing to do is stay indoors, if you have to go outside drive defensively. Sometimes 25 mph is too fast, walking is best! :(

Good luck and safe travels to Okies just north of me. Fortuantly the larget portion of the rain has went around and north of me but it will be slick tonight.

I live southeast of Joplin MO. We only got about 1/2 to 3/4 in of ice & was with out power for only about 6 hours. Seems it hit hardest north of I-44 a total of 65,000 without power. Which i would guess is about half of the population in this area. Last january is when we all got hit hardest 3 1/2 in. of ice. We were without power for 4 days & my neighbors we out for 11 days.

Well, we lost power at home this morning and no phone either. Work is still on generators.

500,000 people without power as of 8:00am today. Might have to drive to OKC and stay w/ my family to keep warm.

Fuggin' old man winter.

Like others have said, be safe and don't go out in it if you don't have to...growing up in missouri I use to love it when we got ice storms because I could ice skate everywhere...if you've never experienced it, ice skating down hills is a must try IMHO.

Doc.

Amen to that Doc. 70% of vehicles I see in the median on the highway are 4x4. Sure they go just fine, but they can't stop any better than a car can. We're getting the storm now in Iowa that passed through Oklahoma, Kansas and Missouri. It's not nearly as bad as bfreebern got but it still ain't fun.

Ice? What the hell is that? :sign:

Hope you brothers/sisters that are gettin' hit stay safe and come through it unscathed.

Meanwhile, I'll head back downstairs to the beach. :laugh: