• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ideas for starting my venture needed

aar0n

Well if you didn't already know I have only smoked acid cigars :(. Yes I know I am very new but I am looking to venture out and try new things. I want to try all different kinds but I figure I would post this to get an idea of what everyone here thinks would be a good place to start. I am open to all suggestions but I do have a small budget so I can't go too expensive. Also I plan on doing a newbie sampler trade as soon as I can scrape the cash together. Another thing I forgot to mention before was that I just started my cigar journal if you will, to log all my experiences with every cigar I smoke, I have heard this is a good way for newbies to get an idea of their tastes and I find it as a cool idea anyways. Any opinions or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
-Aaron

Hi Aaron,

I would start with the Newbie Sambler, even if you only have $50 or $60 to throw at it. I did it, and it really opened my eyes to the range of cigars that are out there to be tried. If you want to branch out on your own, you can't go wrong with Arturo Fuente's line. There have been a few topics on this already, and I would encourage you to use the search function. The Fuente Sungrown are supposedly very good, albeit I have never had one. I believe the cheapest one in that line is the Chateau Fuente Sungrown, which is between $65-95 a box if memory serves. A BoTL on this board has some for sale at $65 right now.

I would still do the Newbie Sampler before you do anything else. It's the most bang for the buck by a long shot and will give you a diverse selection of sticks to try.

I&P

Good idea on the journal. Be sure to note what you like and dislike about the cigars and jot down what flavors you are able to detect. A good, local tobacconist should be able to help you find similar cigars to expand your horizons, or you could run it past the people here at CP. Good luck and let us know how your journey progresses.

You know, I don't mean to lash out, and I'm admittedly having a bad day, but how many friggi' times do we need the same topic posted as a new thread!? No offense aarOn, but a simple search, or heck even scrolling down the top threads in this forum would get you the info you're looking for.

Oh, and so this post isn't completely useless, any Padron.

newbie sample, just did one, worth every penny, and I agree the black cloud every noob, myself included, should use the search option.

You know, I don't mean to lash out, and I'm admittedly having a bad day, but how many friggi' times do we need the same topic posted as a new thread!? No offense aarOn, but a simple search, or heck even scrolling down the top threads in this forum would get you the info you're looking for.

Oh, and so this post isn't completely useless, any Padron.
Yes, I have been using the search function and I have found some very useful posts, I just thought I could get a better idea of what everyone likes on here, thats all. Also I am getting a newbie sampler here soon.

Just smoked my first cigar today...Padron 2000 and I LOVED it!! Cost me about 4.50. TRY one!!

When I started smoking cigars. I just hit up the local B&M and grabbed random pairs of cigars... That way I could smoke one and have a 2nd one later to really pass judgement on the stick.

As people already said.. Can't go wrong with Padron.

Some others to check out... (all ones I like, so YMMV). Perdomo Lot 23, I also like the RP Edge Missile. I was on a big AF Gran Reserva kick for a while also.

Thanks for the fast replies from everyone, I will definitely take everyones opinions into consideration the next time I walk into the humidor. I can't wait for my sampler also. Once my humidor gets here and I get it ready to store my sticks, I am going to start buying some of these. I plan on making my cigar journal into a blog for newbies that can learn from my experiences with different cigars, but I will also have to remind that everyones taste will be opinionated.