• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

identify cigar

Welcome. Hopefully someone can help you out on the ID. While you are waiting, why don't you head on over and make an introduction post and tell us a little bit about yourself. Help us get to know you. It's kind of the way things work around here.

Welcome. Hopefully someone can help you out on the ID. While you are waiting, why don't you head on over and make an introduction post and tell us a little bit about yourself. Help us get to know you. It's kind of the way things work around here.

That's the way to do that. :D

Edited to add: Sorry, I don't recognize that one either.

Never heard of it. If it's bad, you'll be able to find lots of them. If they're good, they've been discontinued.;)
Oh, and how about introducing yourself before you pick our brains, seems like the polite thing to do.

Doc

That must be the George Carlin memorial cigar! :p

Have you ever seen George Carlin talk about cigar smokers? Hehehe, I don't think he liked us.
One thing I've noticed. I don't agree with anyone on everything. But Carlin was a genius at pointing out how silly our language usage has become. Also, a great sense of comic timing, inflection, and presentation.

Of course, a George Carlin memorial cigar is pretty ironic, which Gearge would have appreciated.

Last edited:
If you tried to search the googleator, you would see it's a stick from around 1999-2000 era, it's made in Nicaragua, was available at some point around that time at JR cigars for $25.00 a box. As for your diamond crown find. Nice, hope they were all well humidified. As for your concern with the cohibas and ring being right? If you're already defending the legitimacy of the product, why? If they smoke well that's all that should matter. Happy smoking.

If you tried to search the googleator, you would see it's a stick from around 1999-2000 era, it's made in Nicaragua, was available at some point around that time at JR cigars for $25.00 a box. As for your diamond crown find. Nice, hope they were all well humidified. As for your concern with the cohibas and ring being right? If you're already defending the legitimacy of the product, why? If they smoke well that's all that should matter. Happy smoking.

Tried the google thing and found nothing. That is why I tried the BOTL. Thanks for the help. 16 years later they smoke nicely. Maybe a little to nicely considering they were a cheap cigar at the time. Aging does wonders for a cigar. I have a y2k opus x "A" that i was told to hold at least 10 years said it is/was a cigar that needs aging. 16 years later i would not touch it only for a super special occasion. The diamond crowns have been well tended their whole life BTW.

Smoke the cigar. It's not going to get any better. It can only get worse at this stage. 16yrs is really old for a non-Cuban cigar. If it's not an air ball by now, I'd be surprised. There is such a thing as too old no matter how well kept it is.

Doc

There is some other views on that. Some say 10 years is maximum and no benefits occur after that. Then others and auctions verify via market price they do get better. I think aging is beneficial for premium cigars. I have that as personal experience. Try it on a box. Smoke one right away and over some years see the improvement. It will be well worth it.

Okay, guys not trying to ruffle any feathers here. Only feathers I like to ruffle are grouse with my O/U. I'm not some 30 something. Tried doing exactly what I wrote. Smoked a 30 year old Cuban Monte Cristo "A" smoked a "fresh" one and clearly a difference. Smoked many sticks of different ages and quality. In my experience age smooths the rough edges all of the time . This is a discussion forum. In the arena of ideas one would think insult does not further your argument.

Okay, guys not trying to ruffle any feathers here. Only feathers I like to ruffle are grouse with my O/U. I'm not some 30 something. Tried doing exactly what I wrote. Smoked a 30 year old Cuban Monte Cristo "A" smoked a "fresh" one and clearly a difference. Smoked many sticks of different ages and quality. In my experience age smooths the rough edges all of the time . This is a discussion forum. In the arena of ideas one would think insult does not further your argument.
I a 30 something, and take offense to your assuming 30 somethings know squat. When you introduce yourself as smoking aged Montecristo A's and finding Cohibas as well as Diamond Crown limited editions, you can come across as a bit of a snob. Just sayin. That may not have been your intent, but many will take it as showing off. This is a discussion forum so be prepared to discuss.

Aging is a crapshoot. No Guarantees. Cubans were known to age more gracefully, but more recent years is questionable in some circles. NCs is an even bigger crapshoot. No absolutes.

Well Montoya a veiled insult calling me a snob does not make it any less an insult. my point is cigars are priced for a reason I happen to stick to better quality sticks hence price point. i thusly stated my lack of funds to smoke that caliber stick keeps me from smoking weekly or more, hardly snob material. My thinking is I would rather have the limited number of sticks smoked as compared to a series of less than enjoyable encounters with a less quality cigar. A 12 dollar stick invariably has some major fault usually in the last quarter of smoking. You see mad monk rises above the fray to say, aging is a crap shoot. He presents an idea that has merit. Some cigars are factory aged and don't need any help. Counterpoint well taken and agreed.

Well Montoya a veiled insult calling me a snob does not make it any less an insult. my point is cigars are priced for a reason I happen to stick to better quality sticks hence price point. i thusly stated my lack of funds to smoke that caliber stick keeps me from smoking weekly or more, hardly snob material. My thinking is I would rather have the limited number of sticks smoked as compared to a series of less than enjoyable encounters with a less quality cigar. A 12 dollar stick invariably has some major fault usually in the last quarter of smoking. You see mad monk rises above the fray to say, aging is a crap shoot. He presents an idea that has merit. Some cigars are factory aged and don't need any help. Counterpoint well taken and agreed. BTW Montoya sorry about the thirty something comment but me at thirty and now is light years of difference as you will find out.

Well Montoya a veiled insult calling me a snob does not make it any less an insult. my point is cigars are priced for a reason I happen to stick to better quality sticks hence price point. i thusly stated my lack of funds to smoke that caliber stick keeps me from smoking weekly or more, hardly snob material. My thinking is I would rather have the limited number of sticks smoked as compared to a series of less than enjoyable encounters with a less quality cigar. A 12 dollar stick invariably has some major fault usually in the last quarter of smoking. You see mad monk rises above the fray to say, aging is a crap shoot. He presents an idea that has merit. Some cigars are factory aged and don't need any help. Counterpoint well taken and agreed.
My freind, your missing the point I was trying to make. I don't veil things. I say what I mean and mean what I say. Seriously was trying to give you some guidance that there really are people that would think your first post "label dropping" some rare or high priced sticks can come off the wrong way. I think I'm pretty sure you meant nothing of it and like many others have, were sharing what you have smoked recently. Light em up! Happy smoking.