• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

If anyone is interested

LilBastage

Meat is murder! Tasty, tasty murder.
This is a quick throw-together of my collection using the stock photos from the websites I got them from. I have about 10 more pipes I got from eBay to photograph once Santa (TheWife[sup]©[/sup]) brings me my new camera (it's not nearly as nice as the one I bought her for Christmas, but what are you gonna do?).

My Pipe Collection

I'm quite proud of what I've been able to put together for the amount of money spent (all less than $75 except for one which was still less than $100. The eBay pipes all come out at less than $3/ea and they are great pipes now that they're cleaned up a little.). I've smoked all but two of them and they are all great smokers. The cobs are especially good smokers for the money. It just proves to me that one doesn't have to spend a ton of money to get some very attractive and very good smoking pipes. The estate market is full of outstanding values!

What a great collection! Wow, some nice pieces.

Quattrocchi%20Inverted%20Bell%20Flame.jpg

Look at that!!!! ^

Nice!

Some nice looking pieces of wood there Alan!! I especially like the Brandt and the 2 Boswells even though I'm not a big fan of carved pipes. I look forward to your ebay bargain shots too.

Thank you all. You're comments are very kind.

Some nice looking pieces of wood there Alan!! I especially like the Brandt and the 2 Boswells even though I'm not a big fan of carved pipes. I look forward to your ebay bargain shots too.

If you're talking about the "Classic Freehand" I want to clarify that there are two shots of the same pipe. I thought the one pic didn't really show the bowl as well as the other and the other shot didn't show the stem as well as the other. I really do love the Boswell pipes.

There will be some more shots going up soon. TheWife[sup]©[/sup] decided to give me my camera a little earlier than expected so I could get some pictures at my son's preschool "winter party" :rolleyes: tomorrow.

Those JM Boswells are sure works of art! Beautiful craftsmanship!

I put the eBay finds up today. I'm not a very good photographer so the lighting isn't all that great, but you can see what they look like anyway.

My Pipe Collection

I got a 12 pipe lot for $20. I had to toss 6 of them, but 6 of them cleaned up really nicely. The only one I did any major work to was the Grabow. It was painted white when I got it. The paint was all cracked up and it looked like hell, so I thought why not strip it and see what the briar looks like? There are a few fills on it and the grain isn't all that pretty, but it looks a lot better than it did with the 5 coats of wax than it did with the paint. I may stain it one of these days, but I kind of like the "natural" look of it.

One other one had severe tooth marks. I tried a trick I learned online and filled them with plain old superglue and sanded the area even after it dried overnight. You can't tell where the marks were at all and there's no residual odor or flavor. A neat trick!

One was unsmoked. :)

The rest were just reamed to the wood, stems cleaned up, sanitized, and a couple had alcohol/cotton treatments (I decided not to use salt). After that it was a couple of coats of wax and to the rack. I've smoked a couple of them and they are nice, especially when one considers the price tag.

i just realized you got the whitish looking freehand Boswell had on his site. Good to know it went to a known brother :)

i just realized you got the whitish looking freehand Boswell had on his site. Good to know it went to a known brother :)
That was actually the first Boswell I bought. I got it back in September or October. I did see the one that is very similar in one of the last updates. It's one of my favorites. It's pretty darn heavy, but it smokes great (of course it does, it's a Boswell!).

Two more added for the Christmas season.

There are a lot of bargains to be had out there right now in the Estate market. :)

Your building quite a collection! Do you smoke them in rotation or grab whatever looks good to you at the time?
Must be a lot of fun bringing those estate pipes back to life.