• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

If I put vipers beads into a nice cigar box...

Wurm

Bratwurst and Beer
I'll have a nice desktop humi for at work wont I?

The Carlos Torano Sigs I received came in a really nice box and I thought it be ok to turn into a small (15 to 20 count with the beads) desk-top humidor for my office.

I check the seal and its pretty solid, only negative is the wood isn't spanish cedar (at least I don't think it is)

Anyone else ever done something like this?

Just buy a 20 ct humi, I would do it. I think the boxes are lined with spanish cedar (You should be able to smell it), but I think there might be some seal problems.

Just buy a 20 ct humi, I would do it. I think the boxes are lined with spanish cedar (You should be able to smell it), but I think there might be some seal problems.

This box is NICE bro, and it passes the dollar bill test. lol its got to have a better seal than a Thompson humi thats for damn sure :p

I would just use one of my empty 150 ct humis :p. Agree on the Thompson humi. Why not buy this so you can be sure about the seal (I think). Damn I can't wait to get paid so I can throw it all on cigars :laugh:

Shouldn't you be sleeping? ;)

Shouldn't you be sleeping? ;)

lol tomorrow is a German holiday and I'm waiting on my Hitman Blood Money download to finish so I can play it tomorrow.

950€ plus for a humi... LMAO no thanks I'd rather buy the beads for the box and spend the rest on cigars.

It's a holiday in Finland too. I wonder who the hell buys humis like that. I have the time wrong in CP so it's no wonder you're up, it's only 01:32 AM there, right?

I'll have a nice desktop humi for at work wont I?

The Carlos Torano Sigs I received came in a really nice box and I thought it be ok to turn into a small (15 to 20 count with the beads) desk-top humidor for my office.

I check the seal and its pretty solid, only negative is the wood isn't spanish cedar (at least I don't think it is)

Anyone else ever done something like this?

As long as the seal is pretty good there is no reason why you can't use it. All humi's don't have to have spanish cedar in them. Even it does leak a little more than most humi's - it just means you have to add water a little more often. I say go ahead and do it.

Ron

Folks use Tupperware and all sorts of containers. As long as the seal is pretty air tight it will work.

I have the 2003 version of this box and I used it for a dry box. With beads I think it would work as a desktop humi.

If it's the box I'm thinking of (the silver one) then it is nice looking. Like most here, I would assume it would do a fine job providing a home for a few sticks.

P5241843%20(Large).JPG

P5241844%20(Large).JPG

P5241845%20(Large).JPG

that is what I plan to use as a humi

By the way in the pics it looks like the box is made out of Mahogany, that will work just fine for a humidor.

ykm loki' date='May 25 2006, 11:28 PM' post='325665']
By the way in the pics it looks like the box is made out of Mahogany, that will work just fine for a humidor.
i think it's lined with cedar but neither myself or my g/f can be sure.

Honduran Mahogany can be mistaken for Spanish Cedar sometimes – but in any case – you’re good to go. Either wood is suitable – most people have it in their minds that it has to have Spanish Cedar. Toss in your beads and call it a day.

Ron

Instead of making another thread I'll just post here:
What % beads should I get for a 20 count humi?

ykm loki' date='May 27 2006, 05:31 PM' post='326111']
Instead of making another thread I'll just post here:
What % beads should I get for a 20 count humi?

Does not matter what the count is, how big or small a humi - most people go with 65% - but it's up to whatever your taste's are really.