• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

If the cigar tax is enacted

I believe the consensus is to stock up and ride out the madness, thank God i started stocking up years ago. :whistling: :)

This is a simple case of the greedy politicians going after the "Rich" for a luxury item such as a cigar, ie.. the Yacht tax. If you are not aware of that tax, it destroyed the industry in the US. It cost thousands of jobs and the unemployment benefits paid out were greater than the tax collected from the yacht industry.

Those who do not study history are doomed to repeat it. The one difference today is the internet. Obviously almost all cigar shops would close because most peoeple could not afford to buy the same amount of cigars as they had in the past . Then new opportunies would become available to buy via the internet, thus bypassing the ridiculous tax . We would all have to buy from them and stock up before hand like most have mentioned.

The tax would destroy the industry and put thousands of hard working people out of jobs. The net effect here for the government would be that they actually pay out more in unemployment benefits than they collect in taxes from and industry that disappeared. F---ing BS and anyone with half brain cell left in their head can predict what will happen.

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't it a foregone conclusion at this point that some version of the tax will be going through?

I will stock up on what I can afford, then start smoking my pipe more often to make the cigars last.

Pipe tobacco goes farther and costs less.

Ain't going to happen, I say. Won't be enough mojo in the House to override. Cigar taxes are not the only stupid aspects of this bill.

Hey US government

emot-fuckoff.gif

I'd like to say I'd go stock up. But I'm a bit too poor to be able to do so. Mexico it is.

Buying cigars from other countries is actually better because the cigars are better. This would just justify my reasons even further.

I believe President Bush will veto the legislation, but if by some chance it does get pushed through, what will the alternative to a big rise in taxes be?

More and more I feel like the condemmed in Ben Hur.

"Now listen to me, all of you. You are all condemned men. We keep you alive to serve this ship. So row well, and live."

That's all I do is work to pay taxes. I'll do anything I can to get around this tax, screw congress and their health care plans.