• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

If you listen to post WWII music

I'm going to assume you mean Plastic Jim off of the Life album of 1968. Besides the one lyric "All the plastic people What do they all come for?" being similar to Eleanor Rigby which was written in 1966 for the Beatles Revolver album a full 2 years before Sly's Life record. So who's copying who now?

I heard some scuttlebutt that someone was mentioning Sly Stone and Les Paul in the same breath. I had to see it to believe it.

Doc.

I have a tremendous regret about Les Paul. He played every Monday in NYC and I always put it off seeing him for one reason or another. Now I will never have the honor of saying I saw him play live. I have a few of his albums on my iPod, but that is a sad consolation.

PS: I'm a big Sly fan, but he can't hold a candle next to Mr. Paul! His accomplishments are off scale in comparison.

He saw, he read, he had no comment.

Listen to "all the Plastic People" on Sly and the Family Stones "Whole New Thing " Album Recorded in 1967, Then listen to the Beatles "All the Lonely People" recorded three years later...rip off, note for note, melody and lyrics..."All the plastic people, where to they all come from"....All the lonely people, where do they all belong" oh Paul!!!!

I'm going to assume you mean Plastic Jim off of the Life album of 1968. Besides the one lyric "All the plastic people What do they all come for?" being similar to Eleanor Rigby which was written in 1966 for the Beatles Revolver album a full 2 years before Sly's Life record. So who's copying who now?

Stopped in to pay my belated respects to the legend himself, Les Paul, and I couldn't help reading about Sly Stone having anything whatsoever to do with inspiring "Elenore Rigby". :0 So ole' Sly can travel back in time??? That said, RIP brother Les.

Yup, you're right, I googled both bands to make sure...sorry, I always thought it was the other way around...now that about that "rocky Mountain Way" song and "The Sex Machine"??? LOL