• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Illusione 68

Hey guys-
Haven't logged in in a while. Saw ggiese last night and thought I'd stop in tonight. Smoking the topic above.

Dark wrapper, near perfect roll. Nice sheen.

Great draw - medium levels of smoke.

Leathery, nic tobacco smoke. Honestly don't know if it is Nic tabac, but sure seems like it. Young, little bit of a harsh punch when exhaled through the sinuses.

No sweetness that I can pick up, more savory. Definitely in the full bodied category, at least for my tastes. No nutty or cocoa flavors like a Padron, more like a Pepin.

About half way through and the burn is super. Almost perfect but not quite. Ash is fairly white with a touch of grey :cool:

Band is kinda cool. Simple black and white, Zeppelinesque look with gothic font Illusione on each side with 68 in the center.

Pretty balanced smoke for it's age.

Good smoke for all you Pepin / Young Opus hounds. Not gonna remind you of a sweet and/or complex smoke.

Cheers-
HFM

Cool review. I've been hearing alot about these smokes but haven't tried any yet. I guess I'll have to pick some up tomorrow as I like most of the smokes Pepin rolls. If they are anything like the JJ or blue label I'll probably enjoy them

Stinki

Just reading positive feedback on these little flavor bombs...picked up a few on a recommendation. Thanks for the review.

Cool review. I've been hearing alot about these smokes but haven't tried any yet. I guess I'll have to pick some up tomorrow as I like most of the smokes Pepin rolls. If they are anything like the JJ or blue label I'll probably enjoy them

Stinki

These are a Pepin cigar?

Stinki

These are a Pepin cigar?

Not a Pepin cigar. I think what he meant is that if it is similar to a Pepin stick then he'll like it, or it least that's the way I read it.

Stinki

These are a Pepin cigar?

Not a Pepin cigar. I think what he meant is that if it is similar to a Pepin stick then he'll like it, or it least that's the way I read it.
Bingo. That's how I meant it after what I read in the review.

Damn boy where you been hidding? Good to see you back!

Oh by the way I wouldn't say I was hanging out with Gramps :whistling: ;)

Nice review, have to try these out.

Welcome back, old man! I'm fortunate to have an authorized retailer near me and agree completely! Mighty fine smokes, all of em.

Just ordered a sampler of them:

"This premium, hand-made line of cigars is produced by Dion Giolito, who coined the term "small batch" to us in relation to making cigars that can maintain a level of quality and consistency deserving of the true connoisseur.

As Dion set out to re-create a cigar with a taste profile from long ago in Nicaragua, this line fits our mission of bringing you cigars that represent "The New Havana" in terms of bringing you the best cigars from every region. Using the flavors and strength of Nicaraguan cigars past, Dion blended the line using tobacco produced by a team of growers who took the fields of the Jalapa Valley and Esteli region of Nicaraguan and started producing tobacco that rivals the best of the Nicaraguan tradition.

Using tobacco from first generation Corojo '99 and Criollo '98 seeds and Cafe Colorado wrapper leaf, these cigars are beautifully constructed and are finished with a cuban style triple cap.

Made at the Raices Cubanas factory in Honduras from 100% Nicaraguan tobacco.

"hecho en Nicaragua" is shown on the bottom of the hinged cabinet boxes which "entomb" the cigars, wrapped in heavy paper for travel and aging. All of the tobacco is aged for about 3 years before they're rolled and "entombed" as noted by the word "Sepulto" in the date code on every box."

Stinki

These are a Pepin cigar?

Bingo. That's how I meant it after what I read in the review.

Great cigar IMHO, however absolutely NOTHING at all like a Pepin (which I also love). They are completely unique, again imho.

That being said I do think they are totally "ripping off/riding the wave" the whole Pepin/Pete grassroots concept. But what the hell since they have a quality product.

Thanks for the review.

I've read alot of the posts about this line, and understand you can call Dion direct to purchase these. Is the consensus that this is the best way to purchase the Illusione line, directly from Dion?