• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Illusione Candela hl

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
Absolutely beautiful out with temps in the mid 70’s, a strong wind blowing keeping it rather cool. I’m really enjoying the bright sunlight soaking into my clothes, a much needed break from the chilly weather as of late. The cigar I’ve brought out with me is quite an interesting sight, an Illusione Candela Holy Lance. I can’t recall ever smoking a candela cigar, the green wrapper is smooth with one prominent vein running the length, and a perfectly constructed pigtail cap on top. The cigar is firm when squeezed, has a good weight in the hand, and after punching the cap I find the draw with perfect resistance and very earthy taste coming through.

The foot lights easily with plumes of white smoke pouring from the embers in no time. Tinker, my slightly heavy cat, crawls out from his box to give my feet some lovin’. After the cigar has rested a bit, I take a couple more quick puffs and then a long draw that brings a strong, black pepper spice on the tongue and throat. The smoke is right at full strength from the start with a somewhat heavy body. I find the flavors slightly grassy with a strong earthiness in the finish; this is one heavy hitting cigar.

A third in and the burn is sharp with a medium to light gray ash forming that holds well until tapped off in the ashtray. The smoke continues to be full strength and flowing well through the perfect draw, still quite heavy on the palate. Flavors are consistent with notes of sweet grass and earth leaving a long, and strong, finish after exhaling through the mouth and nose.

Halfway and into the final third, the cigar remained consistent in all aspects with sharp burn, perfect draw, full strength and body, and a really good, solid finish. Definitely towards the end, I had to be very careful with not taking too much of a pull as this cigar held quite a punch. This cigar really hit my palate well, and I definitely wouldn’t mind having a few more for nice, warm Sunday afternoons such as this. Excellent smoke!

02-19-11IllusioneCandelahl003.jpg

02-19-11IllusioneCandelahl001.jpg

02-19-11IllusioneCandelahl002.jpg

Thanks for the good review, Greg. I was fortunate to be gifted some Candela Illusione. The strength you mentioned really surprised me. Never would have expected that from cigars bearing
the same names as the regular line. I found the grassy, or maybe even green tea like notes pretty nice for a change.

It appears vitola is a big differentiators in these smokes. I found a bunch of different flavors in the 88 I smoked the other day. But also, definitely, a great cigar! I wish I had a box of the 88s. I would post the review here but I don't wanna undercut the review for a friend's site before it's posted. However, if you are interested in the 88 Candela keep an eye on the stogie guys website. It should be up there one of these days, soon.
Thanks for the review! Glad to know I'm not the only goon enjoying these.
Chris

I found it to be more medium to slightly full when I smoked mine. It was about two weeks ago, but everyones palate is different so oh well. Great review by the way, it was a beautiful cigar and one I would pick up again especially if I am looking for a candela.

I was a little overwhelmed by the sweet grassy-ness. It was good and a nice change of pace, but I don't think I will be buying a lot of these in the future.

Verhoevc, thanks for the link, it definitely sounds worth checking out. I just will have to look around for them I have had trouble finding the HL candela so I bet this one will be about the same.

OMG Candela Illusione! :0

Please lord let these make it to Germany!