• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Illusione cigars

boltonic

Banned
I haven't any of these cigars yet. How are these? What do they compare to? The packaging resembles Tatuaje.

They are fantastic. I find that they are similar to Tat's but yet a little different.

Try them out for sure. I am a fan of the CG4.

I have a box of C4. They were ok, not great. I have only smoked 2, I think they may need quite a lot of aging. El Fusilero

I like them. Unique profile and a little easier on the wallet then some others.

Great cigars. The ECCJ and Holy Lance are just plain amazing, and everything else in the line is great.

Highly, highly recommend trying his Esencia line as well. Flavor profile on them reminds me of an Illusione crossed with a San Cristobal. Fantastic smokes.

~Boar

Dion makes some phenomenal smokes. I like the cg4 the most followed by the 68. I find them to be very rich, smooth, and full-flavored Nicaraguan cigars. They are unapologetically strong without being overbearing or harsh and I find them to be more interesting than most Tatuajes (although the Tatuaje Noella is a hell of great smoke as are the Black labels). Big thumbs up for me.

Great cigars. The ECCJ and Holy Lance are just plain amazing, and everything else in the line is great.

Highly, highly recommend trying his Esencia line as well. Flavor profile on them reminds me of an Illusione crossed with a San Cristobal. Fantastic smokes.

~Boar

I think you mean Cruzado which is Dion's newer line. These are a notch down on the strength scale yet possess more subtle flavors. These needed several months of downtime to open up but they are really becoming outstanding now after, what, 6 or 9 months since release? Each one is better than the one before.

Try both brands, they are both excellent choices.

- Tim

Actually, I thought Dion was involved with the Esencia line, too . . . if that's not the case, well, my bad. :blush:

But they're still terrific, and still taste like a cross between an Illusione and a San Cristobal! :love:

~Boar

I have had one and it was great I will be smoking some more of the line. They are worth the try.

The MK and eccj are freaking amazing. The MK is a little powerhouse of a smoke while the eccj is nice, subtle and full of flavor!!!

Looks like I am going to have to try them. CI doesn't sell them but Tampa Humidor does so I will order a bunch unless someone here has a few different kinds to sell.

Looks like I am going to have to try them. CI doesn't sell them but Tampa Humidor does so I will order a bunch unless someone here has a few different kinds to sell.

There are a good number of active members here at CP that own/run shops that carry the Illusione line. Up to you, but it's nice to support those who support CP.

Also try Silo Cigars. Kevin (mindriot) is a member here. I just placed an order from him for a few varieties, including the Holy Lance. Only one I have had is the ~2~ and that was simply delicious.

John

Actually, I thought Dion was involved with the Esencia line, too . . . if that's not the case, well, my bad. :blush:

But they're still terrific, and still taste like a cross between an Illusione and a San Cristobal! :love:

~Boar

Nope, as far as I know Dion has no relationship to Esencia. I agree with you though, I think they are pretty tasty, too, and I have a box of the Esencia Corona Gordas sitting in my humidor right now :)

Also try Silo Cigars. Kevin (mindriot) is a member here. I just placed an order from him for a few varieties, including the Holy Lance. Only one I have had is the ~2~ and that was simply delicious.

John

Yup, Silo is a great place.

- Tim

Dude order from Silo, they are crazy fast with their shipping!!!

I've had the cg4 and f8 both were fantastic. These are high on my box to buy list, although I'd like to try a few more sizes to determine which box best suits me.

I also recommend Silo. They let me buy singles even though the option wasn't available online for the cigar I was looking at. A simple phone call was all it took.

~Boar

Nope, as far as I know Dion has no relationship to Esencia. I agree with you though, I think they are pretty tasty, too, and I have a box of the Esencia Corona Gordas sitting in my humidor right now :)

John

- Tim

The only similarity is that they are made in the same factory. Hope that helps.

~Boar

John

- Tim

The only similarity is that they are made in the same factory. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the info Niko, that definitely would explain some of the confusion.

- Tim

Tabacalera Tropical makes the Illusione for Dion and also makes the Esencia for BOTL (Palio). I love the Esencias!

I just got some Ambos Mundos and an ECCJ from Silo cigars...received the order 2 days after it was placed. Tennesee to NY ...good people

I think I am going to ordering a MK, 88, 2, 68, and CG4. I am really interested in trying the MK.