• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Illusione Holy Lance

dulaney22

Banned
Earlier in the week I enjoyed this lancero that was received in a trade from Ken. The corojo wrapper was dark chocolate and oily, with a fairly strong barnyard aroma. The wrapper was fairly bumpy, with some prominent veins, but, overall, a nicely constructed cigar.

Initial puffs were of spice and cream. Quickly, a backdrop of roasted nuts joined and the cream intensified. The draw was just a touch loose . . . but certainly not bad. Around the end of the first third, tastes of rich earth and coffee appeared and, for the middle portion, remained in varying intensity. By the last third, these flavors appeared in a more robust fashion and were joined with a sweet spice and hints of cedar. The last third was very nice . . . rotating from almost a mocha taste to nuts and spice.

There were a few issues with uneven burn, but the cigar corrected itself. Regardless, I truly enjoyed the smoke and thank Ken for allowing me the opportunity. I don't know if this is my top pick for lanceros, but it is certainly in the running.

Slide1-2.jpg

Man that looks tasty. I have been looking for an HL for a while now. Great review!!

Nice review. I had a box of these for a while and slowly got rid of them without smoking many. Think I have 4-5 left that I need to revisit. I don't smoke lanceros often but they are one of the best.

I smoked this very cigar this afternoon.All i can say is Illusione cigars are of the most flavorfull cigarsI have had the pleasure of smoking.Now I dont have expierience with isom cigars,but i just love Illusione cigars and cant imagine anything being better.I have tried 4 out of the line and all of them were superb.The only thing I dont like is they dont sell them in Inxiana.This is a must try smoke!

Enjoyed the review. I smoked one of these Thursday, and picked up a couple more for good measure today. They are hard to stay out of.

Interested to see how you will like the LFD Cameroon.

Ken

Nice review. I'd take an easy draw on a lancero any day. Most tend to be on the tight side. You are making me think of sparking up a CG4 for my next one this afternoon.

Between the hl and the Padilla Signature 1932 you can't go wrong. Those are mighty fine lanceros

I've only had a couple of these and unfortunately both times the draw was way too loose to really enjoy it, one came unraveled about half way. But, from what flavor I did get, it tasted really good. Nice review Lee!

I smoked this very cigar this afternoon.All i can say is Illusione cigars are of the most flavorfull cigarsI have had the pleasure of smoking.Now I dont have expierience with isom cigars,but i just love Illusione cigars and cant imagine anything being better.I have tried 4 out of the line and all of them were superb.The only thing I dont like is they dont sell them in Inxiana.This is a must try smoke!

Me too! I really enjoyed mine as well, although it smoked a little hot in the 2nd half. For my tastes, the Illusione cg is better, but I've been on a lancero kick lately and wanted to give these a try. Got mine courtesy of Cparker, who sent me a wonderful freebie package including the HL. Thanks again, Chip.

Great pics, I'm looking forward to giving these a shot again soon.

One of my favorite lanceros and we all know how I feel about lanceros. :whistling: At the other end of the spectrum the "68" is damn good too.

Doc.