• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Illusione Singulare Phantom 6x50 - Original Release

cabaiguan juan

Vote Panda 2024
So as I was getting ready to smoke this original release of the Singulare Phantom, I realized that this is from 2011. That predates any of my kids. Actually we had our dog for less then a year at that point, and I was still living up in DC. It brought me back into a time warp. Anyways, so this is the cigar that @Gavin wanted me to do a review against with the current production Phantom. I again smoked this at night while walking the dog- he has gotten a lot of exercise during this process. And this did not start off the same way that the current release did!
1/3: The initial draw had almost no spice at all. I mean maybe some faint red pepper or some nutmeg. Maybe a little bit of cinnamon, but nothing like the current release which was in your face and up front with spice. After the first quarter inch, the cigar was just nice, smooth and extremely complex. Lavender and flowers began appearing in the flavor as we approached the end of the first third.
2/3:The second third introduced some tea and raisin notes which stayed with the cigar for most of the way through the second third. Finally as we approached the end of the second third, I began to get some molasses and white birthday cake.
3/3: The last third was not as dynamic as the first two thirds were, it mainly stayed in the Salt, graphite and wood realms.

This cigar was stellar. I did everything i could to focus on the flavors of this, and enjoy it as much as possible. It was so delicious. 9 years has definitely made a difference! I like it, would smoke more.
80B12DA7-359E-4657-8204-A51256FAA8ED.jpeg

Excellent review. Having experienced this one young, as well, do you remember how it stacks up fresh/fresh with the new one? Do you think that the new release will age to this level given nine years?

Excellent review. Having experienced this one young, as well, do you remember how it stacks up fresh/fresh with the new one? Do you think that the new release will age to this level given nine years?
I never smoked the OR when it first came out so I couldn’t give you an Apples to Apples comparison and with my limited experience with Illusion I don’t know what age would do to it. @Gavin could better answer that.

I never smoked the OR when it first came out so I couldn’t give you an Apples to Apples comparison and with my limited experience with Illusion I don’t know what age would do to it. @Gavin could better answer that.
To me, the new ones taste stronger than the original release ever did. Nicotine levels are way higher. That being said, the new ones may even have a longer life span than the OR.