• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Illusione under attack

NullSmurf

Das Bruce
http://www.cigar-review.com/index.php?opti...86&Itemid=2

I'm having trouble determining who is further over the top, Dion or this Gary Artz putz. You decide.

Dion and Illusione have helped me with yet another value choice. While I might still pat him down for sharp objects, I wouldn't pass an opportunity to meet him. I don't like that he used Jim Jones at RTDA, but it doesn't change the fact that I love the cigars. I think Martin Sheen is a raving lunatic for some of his political views, but acknowledge that he is a powerful actor and is still one of my favorites.

Regardless of what I might have thought about Dion, I was SHOCKED at the veracity of Artz's attack. Does he have some evidence that Dion is in fact, among the last of the Hitler Youth? Damn, Artz, lighten up! I hope Dion has grounds to sue your ass. I bet he also has unpaid parking tickets.

They're both The writer is whacked. And you mean "audacity" I think?

Wilkey

Edit 1: Dion's gotten some thumbs up here. I'm sorry if I was quick to harsh judgment. I hope I get the chance to meet him for myself someday.

Edit 2: Dion, thanks for responding to my PM and accepting my apology. I don't often put foot in mouth but when I do, it's a whopper. Continued success in all your endeavors!

Wow that was quite an article. Don't really know how to take all that. Maybe Dion will respond, he has been visiting here lately.

WOW.

Those are some crazy allegations.

Dion, I hope you can come in here and tell us your side of the story. I would hate for someone to ruin your name and product in the interest of yellow journalism. Having met you in Vegas you seemed like a straight shooter and very friendly. In no way did i sense any racist views from you. It would be interesting to hear you rebute this man as to why you use particular names and symblos for cigars.

-Alex

They're both whacked. And you mean "audacity" I think?

Wilkey
No, I think he means "veracity" or he would have said "audacity"

Veracity: habitual observance of truth in speech or statement; truthfulness: He was not noted for his veracity.

Brian

I did not consider that to be very good journalism, if that is what he wanted us to think it was.

I heard about, and saw photos of the Jim Jones deal, and I did take it that Dion was trying to equate "Kool-Aid" with cigars in some fashion.

As a student of the spiritual teachings of the world, I also felt that Dion's inspiration came from these works.

No offense, or defense intended in my statements. Just the plain simple fact that the author holds no credibility with me, and seemed to miss the obvious.

I've met Dion in person, and while we didn't trade addresses for future Christmas card mailings, and I don't know what the name of his first dog was, he didn't strike me as any kind of a bad dude. In fact, he was warm, welcoming, and friendly.

Maybe MK was his first car.

Maybe he likes Gothic Script fonts.

Maybe he graduated college in 88

Maybe the Holy Lance was an item in a role playing game he played as a teen.

Maybe 8-8-8 was an important date for him.

Criminy, I could probably link my mother to the Hitler Youth if I had enough of her effects in my possession and enough time to scour the Internet looking for links. John Forbes Nash, during his troubled days, could probably link Dion to an ultrasecret government organization which is going to control our minds through devices planted in our cigars.

Gary Artz can go pound sand. I have a number of other ideas, but I think most of you are too young to view such troubling suggestions.

They're both whacked. And you mean "audacity" I think?

Wilkey
No, I think he means "veracity" or he would have said "audacity"

Veracity: habitual observance of truth in speech or statement; truthfulness: He was not noted for his veracity.

Brian

After official review of the play, I rule in favor of Wilkey. Audacious is much closer to what I meant to say. Outragious even. I REALLY hope Dion sues this explicative.

I don't know if it is libel. I think I'll mull it over while smoking a MK.

And rumored to be from Dion himself - sir, please confirm, deny, or correct:

M7
#7 Magda (Hebrew) Woman of Magdala

Dark Prince

The son of God

They Year I arrived in Reno, NV. A palendromic number. Fortune and good luck.

The year I was born.

4/2G
2004 birth of illusione. A 2-geared cigar. Mild to medium 1st half. Full and strong 2nd half.

CG:4
Corona gorda. 4 horsemen of the apocalypse. Represents Conquest, victory, false peace.

F9
Finesse. The ninth planet.

Greek neumerology called gematria. The name Jesus (IhsouV in Greek) adds up to 888.

The "23 Enigma" is the Discordian belief that all events are connected to the number 23

MK - Project MKULTRA - The "teaching Machine"

HL - Holy lance. The spear of desiny.

While I think most of the article reeks of personal vendetta and self promoting shit stirring, I feel the use of Jim Jones picture in the booth and in promotion material for Illusione is in poor taste. I don't bruise easy, and I'm not personally offended by it, but I can see how some may be. Being a reasonable man, seems to me it's more likely a lapse of judgment than malice or conspiracy. I humbly submit that the connection between Jim Jones and Hitler is strained. I don't think anyone except the most naive would actually give any credence to the string of horseshit involving Illuminati, Nazis, White Supremacists and world wide Jewish Monetary conspiracy, or at least I would hope so.

I've not had the privilege of meeting Dion or smoking his cigars, and I have no opinion of him good or bad. I think he could put this away by not remaining silent. El que calla, otorga (He who does not speak up, concedes), sir. Defend your good name.

After official review of the play, I rule in favor of Wilkey. Audacious is much closer to what I meant to say. Outragious even. I REALLY hope Dion sues this explicative.

Don't encourage him! Next he'll be correcting your spelling on every post. :D (the audacity!)

edit: because I can't spell either, and I don't want Wilkey to call me out. :)

From what I know of press law, it doesn't qualify under the US standard for defamation ("opinion" is an affirmative, although not absolute, defense to civil libel). The original article certainly didn't. That doesn't make it tasteful or ethical, but it doesn't look illegal.

Well...Damn! Why must everything be over-analyzed? I don't need social commentary with my smokes. Artz might be better off reviewing the latest Adam Sandler movie. It'd probably be better reading.

I read enough of the article (which wasn't a lot) to lump it in to the typical journalism tactic of being provocative regardless of truth.

Just like our journalists represent our war.....they are not interested (or paid for) being accurate, but rather, how much controversy they can generate with their words. Too bad they are not accountable for their work like the rest of us.

Hmm,

Would this pass muster as libel?

Wilkey

Probably not. Down the road, if Dion takes a hit from this article and he can prove some damages, then maybe. But then you get into the whole opinion vs. factual argument.......yada, yada.

What a waste of paper :rolleyes:

I’m here guys. I've been pulled six ways from Sunday because of this. I've been posting where needed and trying to resolve it with Kevin at CR. Kevin's an okay guy in my book. I think that the article was venomous, hurtful and had no intentions other than to attack me as a person, attack my brand and attack my reputation because of an over-active imagination and pure speculation. Mr. Arzt could've come straight to the "source" to clear up any of his "conspiracies" but, he chose to step way beyond the comfort and safety of his First Amendment rights. His assumptions viciously attached both me and my brand to anti-Semitism, Skinheads and the Nazi party of which illusione has NOTHING to do with. If he thought this was a "clever" way to chide me into an interview then, his method was completely out of line.

For CP's benefit, I'll post the complete philosophy, meaning and background to illusione and it' cliché’s. You get it right from the source - anyone who doubts my forthcoming information can join the ranks of the nut-job, magic bullet theory, disinformationalists that surround us every day.

Dion

And rumored to be from Dion himself - sir, please confirm, deny, or correct:

M7
#7 Magda (Hebrew) Woman of Magdala

Dark Prince

The son of God

They Year I arrived in Reno, NV. A palendromic number. Fortune and good luck.

The year I was born.

4/2G
2004 birth of illusione. A 2-geared cigar. Mild to medium 1st half. Full and strong 2nd half.

CG:4
Corona gorda. 4 horsemen of the apocalypse. Represents Conquest, victory, false peace.

F9
Finesse. The ninth planet.

Greek neumerology called gematria. The name Jesus (IhsouV in Greek) adds up to 888.

The "23 Enigma" is the Discordian belief that all events are connected to the number 23

MK - Project MKULTRA - The "teaching Machine"

HL - Holy lance. The spear of desiny.

In short - yes. I will elaborate further down.

A lot of spinning on Gary Artz behalf. I think he wasted a lot of time trying to put a lot of loose ends together to brand Dion as something...but a neo nazi? Wow...I laughed at the 88 reference. I've known a lot of skinheads in my youth that all wore 88 belt buckles and find it funny when I see an Olds 88 driving on the highway. I always think that Oldsmobile secretly was a Nazi organization.