• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I'm a newbie

94teggy

Yep I'm a newbie...so sue me :p

A little history about myself for those who care. I'm 18 and a senior in highschool(yeah i know, those damn highschooler kids). Up until now my only hobby was anything automotive. I'm planning on majoring in mechanical engineering next year and hopefully getting involved in the auto industry in some way, shopr, or form. My parents are both non-smokers so I really don't know why I've chosen to get involved with cigars, but here recently they've intrigued me and also I guess I don't see them as big of a health hazard as cigaretts since they don't load them down with chemicals and you don't inhale them all the way.

I'll probably get involved in one of the newbie sampler trades depending on how my next paycheck is. This board looks to be a lot of fun and I look forward to learning a lot about my new found hobby.

-Jon-

Welcome aboard. If you do the Newbie Trade, I'll be the one leading you through the forest. Some might say it's the blind leading the blind... but I'll prove them wrong! I guarantee that this newbie will only get ravaged by ONE set of wolves (and maybe some wilderbeasts... those are so cool!). See? Told ya it'd be better than the last newbie... :lookup:

Get comfortable. Avoid the drama. Enjoy a good cigar. There's a lot to be learned here.

Glad to have you onboard. This is a great place to learn and grow as a cigar smoker, I have found many of the FOG on this board (aw hell everyone acctually) to be a real help when I had questions. So ask away bro! do some trades, you be havin a blast in no time.

Just watch out cause the postman might HATE you after you have been here for a while!!

LOL

PHil

Welcome buddy. We have a couple of mechanics that I know of, I used to work on cars as a profession and was ASE certified. Now I'm an office worker.

Are you into NASCAR by any chance? I picked that up while I was a mechanic.

Anyways welcome dude.

BTW -- have you ever smoked a cigar with grease on your hands, and then smoked it down to where the grease marks are? My boss used to do this with his cigarrettes and I always used to wonder how that affected him.

Ah the postman will get over it :D . Hell if he's nice after his 9 millionth trip with a box for me I may share one or 2 with him, ya never know.

Thanks for the warm welcome
-Jon-

Welcome, but more important congrats on picking mechanical engineering as your major, it will marry nicely with your car hobby even if you don't go into the auto-industry. My dad and uncle, who were both machinists, and both tool & dye makers, sold me on engineering. I am glad they did.

Cheers,

4A

Do we take minors? Now where's that policy book..................................................................................................................................................................................................... :sneaky:

:D

I'm fom NC, I'update my profile right now. You'd figure I'd be into NASCAR right? I'm more into Formula 1, Le Mans, and the SCCA series races.

It's been a pretty depressing day here since our cats lost last night but we're all proud of them for making it so far(especially after that 1-15 season 2 years ago). We know they played hard and we're glad they finally are gettin the recognition they deserve.

-Jon-

Nope, no, huh uh, I'm afraid after being a paramedic for 17 years that I just can't support a young'n such as yourself promoting mouth cancer at such a young age....'yer gonna have to send what sticks you do have to me partner, it's for your own good, trust me!!

Address still in profile!! :D :sign: :sign: :sign:

Welcome Teggy!! :thumbs:

94teggy said:
...I'm more into Formula 1...
Saw Michael Schumacher take the KL F1 a few years back. Awesome driver. Nice seat at the circuit looking into team F and team McL pits. I haven't kept up with CART here in the U.S., but may start this year.

You might want to try the magazine Racecar Engineering. Covers all types.

Cheers,

4A

Sweet, always looking for new magazines to get, since that's about the only form of reading I ever do besides internet forums.

Thanks again for the warm welcome everyone. Right now I'm making a list to build a coolidor/igloodor thanks to the help of Phil and the rest of they guys in the chat room earlier today :thumbs:

-Jon-

haha no can do man. I like Jags but I'm stuck with the Integra through college ???

-Jon-