• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I'm going to lose 100 lbs.

steamboat

Future Skinny Person
Started 12-28-08 @ 321 lbs.

currently 311 lbs.

I am training myself to eat less and eat better. It has been at least ten years since I was <300 lbs. Ten years ago, I got down to 279 lbs, eating low fat and exercising but when my dad got sick, we were trying to get him to put on weight. He didn't gain any but I did.

I think I can do it. I am really tired of being fat.

Go gettem. Slow and steady wins the race bro, don't be in a hurry, just stay consistant.

Good for you, brother! I need to drop a few lbs also I figure I can either work out or cut back on beer. Wasn't a tough choice, gym here I come! :laugh:

currently 311 lbs.

I am training myself to eat less and eat better. It has been at least ten years since I was <300 lbs. Ten years ago, I got down to 279 lbs, eating low fat and exercising but when my dad got sick, we were trying to get him to put on weight. He didn't gain any but I did.

I am with you too! I have been going to the gym every morning at 5am trying to shed some much needed LB's! You are doing great so far, I have only lost about 4 lbs.

I try to drink 1 GAL of water every morning before 9am to help flush everything out as well.

Good for you, I know you can do it. Stay positive and when you feel like your not seeing results, switch up your workout routines. I myself am looking to drop 50 lbs right now. I started this past weekend.

Best of luck!!!

I don't need to lose weight. It just needs to be redistributed from the waistline to other areas. :D

Tis the season. Don't make it any harder than it has to be. No weird diets, like Atkins and such. It's simple economics. Burn more than you take in.

Doc.

Good Luck! Try simple things like riding a bike or going for an evening walk in addition to whatever else you may be doing.

In addition to diet, really focus on the the aerobic stuff in your workout, at least to start. Walking, running, stationary bike, stairstepper, elliptical. Weights are great but don't effect the fat burn as much. Once you start seeing some weight loss, then start working a weight program into your routine.

I've got about 40 lbs to lose myself. Wife's been on to me about it. I'm turning 50 soon, I guess I better get serious about this, huh??

Best of luck to you.

Just do what I do. When someone says your fat, just throw out "I'm not fat, I'm just big boned." It never works but makes me feel better.

Lots of H2O cuts the snack attacks down at night. Fruit is not as bad as I once thought either.

Just do what I do. When someone says your fat, just throw out "I'm not fat, I'm just big boned." It never works but makes me feel better.

Lots of H2O cuts the snack attacks down at night. Fruit is not as bad as I once thought either.

I used to just stand next to the fattest person in the room and that still works but nowadays, the fattest person in the room is often me.

Good luck! Take it slow and don't get discouraged. 1 lb lost is still a gain if you keep your eye on your goal.

Get more active, you'd be surprised what walking every night around the block will do for you.

Best of luck!

I'm in the same boat, looking to drop about 40lbs. In addition to the advice above, I'd highly recommend getting someone else or even a group together to lose some weight with - you'd be surprised what a little friendly competition can do for motivation!

I participated in a small weight loss competition on another forum I frequent late last year and was able to lose 20lbs in a little over 2 months before the holidays killed me. We're starting a new one on Friday for the next six months and have about 20 guys participating. I actually considered seeing if anyone had any interest in doing something similar here...

currently 311 lbs.

We should be accountability Partners! I started at 326 on Jan 1st, down around 317 now. I don't want to be the guy that waddles across the stage at graduation. My goal is 250, haven't been that low in 6 years. We can do it magn!

Good luck! This year, I've been trying to GAIN major weight. Since august, I've been eating 3,500 cals a day (lean meats, fish, chicken, rice, pasta, bread), and avoiding alcohol, going to the gym for 2+ hours a day. So far, I'm up 20~ pounds and still very lean!

It's a lot of work... but once you get into the swing of things, it becomes so much easier. You start to feel guilty when you miss the gym even if it is for one day.

good luck.

I'm running about 245 and would love to shed about 45.

We should throw a fiver up to whoever loses the most

Nice going so far. Keep is slow and steady, a little every day is more effective than crazy workouts 2 days per week. Consistency is key!

Keep us posted!

Aaron

Good luck Andy, it's not easy but I'm sure you can do it with the right frame of mind. And,yes , keep it simple that works the best from my own experiance.

edit: Spelling