• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I'm going to lose 100 lbs.

I am right there in the boat (no pun) with you.

I have lost about 70 lbs this last year but have a lot more to go.

So way to go my friend. I will give you my very best and deepest wishes.

Tis the season. Don't make it any harder than it has to be. No weird diets, like Atkins and such. It's simple economics. Burn more than you take in.

Doc.
yep, and don't start out too intense, you'll burn out. Also, think of it as a lifestyle change and not a diet, if you "diet" you'll end up going off the "diet" and putting the weight, and some, back on. Make small changes like cutting out one thing out of your diet that you know is bad, then after a few weeks or a month, cut something else. Occasionally, like one meal a week, eat what you want, just don't go crazy on the amount... Start out by walking 15 min a day, gradually increasing it to 1 hr a day, you'll feel like a new man in a few months.

Remember brother, it's a marathon not a sprint. Good luck

I am around 311 too. Must be the Indiana Tenderloins!. 200 would be nice. I was 2356 for several years gaining 30 in the winter and losing it in the summer. I didn't loose it the last two years.

I am on more meds than my wife that has cancer. Now Diabetic and high BP at 40.

308 lbs Blood sugar 109 this morning.

One interesting thing that is occuring, whenever we eat out, they try to give my order to the MRS and serve me what she ordered. Does that mean I am eating girly food?

Good for you, Steamboat. You can do it. I've lost 37 since September - I took December off and am starting back up again. Moving more is critical. Be patient, too. Small changes work best for me - otherwise I freak out and end up going way off the deep end. Trying new vegetables is a thing I like to do to, to get some variety in my food. Trying new grains as well. Hit the gym, lift some and do a lot of cardio - even if it's just walking on the treadmill. Be consistent. Good luck!

308 lbs Blood sugar 109 this morning.

One interesting thing that is occuring, whenever we eat out, they try to give my order to the MRS and serve me what she ordered. Does that mean I am eating girly food?

Funny you say that, I was thinking recently about all the salads, veggies, and fruits I eat and thinking that some might consider it "sissy". Then I thought, "Well what's so damn manly about being 50 lbs overweight?"

Keep it up, the more progress you see the more you'll want to do and the easier it will get. It's a process. You may fall of the wagon, we all do, but you need to get right back on!

Weighed in Monday to enter the local Biggest looser contest. I tis sponsored by a local exercise business. Four on the team. My wife and I along with another couple.

The wife and I were going on a diet using a certain supplement but the local vendor no longer carries it so we are on the slimfast plan using their online plan.

I was kinda hungry late last night so I ended the day with some Boswell Christmas Cookie in my pipe :)

As a rather large person who is working on losing weight himself (I'm down 55 lbs from 300), I can say don't underestimate weight lifting. It boosts your metabolism and muscles burn more calories then fat does. What that means is, if you've got more muscle and you eat the same calories, you'll loose weight. However, don't do what I see a lot of us fatties doing. Sure you could probably chess press 250 lbs if you throw all your weight into it, but it doesn't do you any good. Lift just enough weight so that by the 3rd set of 12 reps you can't lift anymore. Any more then that and you'll just be building up bulk which can get discouraging as you don't look smaller. Also don't rely too much on a diet. It's not that reasonable of a food intake and you'll eventually stop dieting and put it all back on. Instead go for a change in eating habits. My only other suggestion is to find a low cal snack to munch on. I either chew gum (5 calories) or eat plain sunflower seeds (the large bag is about 400 cal total so don't eat the whole thing). Hope this helps and good luck with the weight loss.

Keep in there guys. I just stepped on the scales and it looks like I lost bout 10 pounds in the last few days. Wife said she has lost around three. the women always have a rough go of it.

Between all the snow that fell last night and babysitting my mother-in-law's dog, I was in no mood to cook last night. Beautiful Wife and I feel back on the old stand-by, a medium pizza and order of cheese bread from Papa Johns. Of course we ate all of it, and this morning both of use were 2 pounds heavier.

To SewerRanger's point, a big piece of this weight loss is going to be changing my habits, which means not falling back on predictable crutches.

Exactly. You guys are doing well, keep it up! It's a very hard thing to start but once you get the hang of it it gets easier. Remember, it's not about "dieting" per se, it's about changing the way you approach food. Try some healthier foods, you might be surprised and hopefully you'll find healthy things that you really enjoy!

Keep it up, it's a long process but it's worth it. Lost a few pounds myself.

I find I need a regiment to be able to lose weight successfully. I've joined Weight Watchers in the past because it "keeps me honest" about what I eat and I'm more motivated to stay on target because I'm actually paying money to achieve my goal. Basically eating a normal sized portion of food (I mean filling a standard dinner plate, not 3 inches high) and drinking lots of water (8-10 glasses a day) can help you reach your goals. I lost 65lbs in about 10 months using that approach with little to no exercise. Try not to snack in between meals, just get your 3 meals a day and drink lots of water and you'll see the pounds melt away.

Just as an FYI, you don't need to go to WW meetings anymore in the digital age. I know a lot of men aren't comfortable sitting in a meeting with 99% of the people being women who are losing weight. You can join and track online, they have lots of great tools on their site and tons of recipe ideas.

Good luck!

304 lbs this morning (up 1 lb) Blood sugar on the low side 70.

It takes and hour and thirty five minutes to walk to Super Walmart but luckily when the Mrs. calls to figure out where you are, you can invite her to breakfast and skip the walk home.

Weight is a fickle Ho. Last week I went up to 308 and this morning I am back to 303 while still eating the same. I must have eaten more salt or something that made me retain water.

Blood Sugar 105 this morning, only 70 Sunday morning which gave me a little something to reflect on over the weekend.

Yep same here. Weight went up and this morning back down three pounds. Might be time of day and status of the bodily fluids :whistling:

Still on slimfast diet eating between 1,300 and 1,800 calories a day but no exercise. My schedule just hasn't made it possible.