• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I'm In Chicago May 21-24

Anthem

Stay Thankful
Hello family,

Title says it all.

***Update***
Claudio and I are meeting at 8 to 8 in Villa Park on Friday. We figure it is 5 o' clock somewhere, and I will pretty much be up for anything that afternoon, so if anyone else wants to come out we would love to have you.

I will be in all parts Chicago May 21 (evening) through the 24th, maybe even the 25th. I will be staying with friends and want to do a long herf with some CPers for sure. I will have a friend or two with me, but that is about all as far as what is going on.

My friend is native Chicago and knows the areas very very well. I have been to Jack Schwartz' and the Up Down, but would love to go again. I have not been anywhere else, and I hear there is a great place to the North called Belicoso's (private club?). I am up for anything in the town of all towns you cannot smoke in (the last cigar I had there was in the cigar bar at the 4 Seasons...makes me wanna cry). So anyone want to meet up?

I so much hope so and look forward to your replies.

I am also at your service as far as anything a CP brother or sister need from MI. I am not sure what that might be, but I will bring it to you.

Thanks so much, I look forward to your responses.

Where will you be staying while in Chicago?

Finding a place to smoke is going to be a challenge. Hopefully it's nice out so it opens our options.

Belicoso's is actually south - WAY south (Orland Park).

Probably something that is a bit more centrally located (outside of the city) is CigarKing in Skokie.

If you're further up north there's a few places.

I'm not a big fan of driving into the city. If you're going to be staying in the 'burbs I'm sure we can find something that would be good for all.

I will have to find out exactly where we will bw at.

My friend there goes to the Art Institute, so probably not too far from there.

That said, I will have a car, and want to travel to the Burb stores to see them, especailly Bele's since I have heard so much.

Where else is good?

What other thoughts?

I will have to find out exactly where we will bw at.

My friend there goes to the Art Institute, so probably not too far from there.

That said, I will have a car, and want to travel to the Burb stores to see them, especailly Bele's since I have heard so much.

Where else is good?

What other thoughts?

You're probably best going to Belicoso's on your way in or out - it's closest to where you'd take to get home.

CigarKing is the biggest in the area - and a nice place to go. It's not too far from downtown. Of course Up Down, Iwan Reis and Jack Scwartz (all downtown) are great places to visit as well.

Way up north in Libertyville is Cigars and More. Kenny the King has a nice place out in Lakemoor. Both nice places, but a long haul for you from downtown.

I know there's a few places out in the western 'burbs, but I don't have an awful lot of experience. I'm sure someone out there can chime in.

There is a place in Villa Park called 8 to 8. I am up to herfing on the night of the 21st. I am heading to Cleveland for the weekend. Let me know what you are thinking for that night and I will make it out. :thumbs:

I'm in for the 21st if you decide to do that at 8 to 8 in Villa Park. :D

Fri 22nd works for me. We can hit up sheffields for Craft Beers and Cigars on their outdoor patio. Im sure jason is in. You can jump on the "EL" brown or red line go north and get off on the Belmont ave stop. Place is 4 walking block from the train stop.

Guys I am getting in later on Thursday the 21st, so by the time we settle into our friends place and catch up with them the day is shot.

Friday is a go, and I wish so much that those of you could make it on that day. I would prefer Friday afternoon, anywhere surrounding Chicago, I can travel and will. However, the evening is OK too, only that the afternoon (2pm to 7pm ish) may be better for some. I hate to think of missing some of of you, lets all try to think what can work.

I am super excited.

I will come anywhere.

Bele's is not a must, I can go there on my own.

Much care,

Matthew

Fri 22nd works for me. We can hit up sheffields for Craft Beers and Cigars on their outdoor patio. Im sure jason is in. You can jump on the "EL" brown or red line go north and get off on the Belmont ave stop. Place is 4 walking block from the train stop.
Why don't you travel for once Alex, 8 to 8 isn't that far away. :whistling:

I hate ot be the guy who sits on the side line, but you fellows tell me where to be.

I hate ot be the guy who sits on the side line, but you fellows tell me where to be.
No problem brother, just a plethora of places to choose, i like 8 to 8 cigars because of the atmosphere and comfy leather seats. Great selection and you can bring a drink in with you. Centrally located and away from expensive downtown. Eventually we all show up somewhere. :laugh:

I might be able to swing by Cigars and More or Cigar King...depends on what's goin on with my work schedule.

Unfortunately Im not retired yet. By the time I make it to 8to8 it would be 8PM..

The evening may be a "can do" but I have to check my party's schedule first.

We can also talk about Saturday afternoon.

I just wanna smoke and drink in one of my favorite cities in the world :thumbs:

Iwan Ries has a fantastic lounge and is right in the downtown loop if you are looking for something Friday/Saturday during the day. Its $10 for a day pass, but has two flatscreens, lots of leather couches/chairs, is BYOB (and food if you want to order) and once you pay the fee you are free to smoke whatever you want. Also has a fridge, free wi-fi, bathroom, and glasses for booze. Plus it rarely has many people in it which is even better. Seriously highly recommend it if you have nothing going on during the day.

Iwan Ries has a fantastic lounge and is right in the downtown loop if you are looking for something Friday/Saturday during the day. Its $10 for a day pass, but has two flatscreens, lots of leather couches/chairs, is BYOB (and food if you want to order) and once you pay the fee you are free to smoke whatever you want. Also has a fridge, free wi-fi, bathroom, and glasses for booze. Plus it rarely has many people in it which is even better. Seriously highly recommend it if you have nothing going on during the day.

That is sounding pretty good too you guys. I would love to hit Binny's before the big show down and bring it along to share with the fam.

Yet another good idea.

So far I think Alex's I dea for Schefeild's works pretty good for everyone as long as the weather holds (Or is thier patio covered?)

How is Friday for everyone, with the backup being the above mentioned?

Who can actually make it around say, 3 to 7 or 8.

Unfortunately Im not retired yet. By the time I make it to 8to8 it would be 8PM..
Iknow what you mean bro, but Metra does go to Villa Park near 8 to 8, if you consider going. I'll pick you up once you arrive. :)

Alright, I want to see all you guys, but Sac and Alex, you got to make it.

What can we do here.

You guys have fun!!! Sorry that I am going to miss the fun.

Just realized this is Memorial Day weekend so I am out in the burbs Friday night (have to work during the day) I am thinking about going to Iwan Saturday during the day to smoke and watch the NCAA lacrosse final four there with a nice cigar before more BBQ's and family stuff the rest of the weekend. Enjoy your trip, maybe we will cross paths Sat!