• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I'm Not A Chef or a Baker...

MNBrian

But I still managed to get a second bun in the oven...

Excited to announce that I'm still around, just distracted by a very pregnant wife (just finishing up first trimester) and it looks like we're having a second. :D

With two semesters left of my undergrad, a second job writing up video game news for a website, and my first job amidst a recent acquisition (we were acquired and have jobs through the next 12 months thankfully but who knows after that), it's been quite an adventure lately. And come February/March it's gonna get crazier.

Needless to say, I've avoided the forums a bit so I don't get too distracted buying cigars over baby clothes because -- let's be honest -- cigars don't fit babies quite the same way. Hopefully that'll change soon and I can hold out with the stock I've got (in what little spare time I can scrounge up) but just wanted to share with y'all as it's been a little while since I dropped in.

Hope y'all are doing well. Maybe I'll make some Vikings bets later this year and lose some more cigars to my perennially disappointing purple and gold. :)

Seems they use to. Congratulations!

Doc
Sweet-Baby-Smoking-With-Beer-Mug-Funny-Image.jpg

But I still managed to get a second bun in the oven...

Excited to announce that I'm still around, just distracted by a very pregnant wife (just finishing up first trimester) and it looks like we're having a second. :D

With two semesters left of my undergrad, a second job writing up video game news for a website, and my first job amidst a recent acquisition (we were acquired and have jobs through the next 12 months thankfully but who knows after that), it's been quite an adventure lately. And come February/March it's gonna get crazier.

Needless to say, I've avoided the forums a bit so I don't get too distracted buying cigars over baby clothes because -- let's be honest -- cigars don't fit babies quite the same way. Hopefully that'll change soon and I can hold out with the stock I've got (in what little spare time I can scrounge up) but just wanted to share with y'all as it's been a little while since I dropped in.

Hope y'all are doing well. Maybe I'll make some Vikings bets later this year and lose some more cigars to my perennially disappointing purple and gold. :)
I'm all about the games of video, which website do you write for? Also, congratulations! See if you can talk her into letting you get a box of smokes for the due month!

I'm all about the games of video, which website do you write for? Also, congratulations! See if you can talk her into letting you get a box of smokes for the due month!

I've been writing about mostly mobile games right now on a site called http://GamePress.gg but it appears we're expanding into a wider variety of stuff. I've been covering stuff like the new Google streaming video game service called "Stadia" that looks really sweet, and hopefully I'll get lucky enough to hit up E3 or BlizzCon at some point. :)

But hey, my wife is happy. For once I'm using my writing for something that actually makes money. LOL! Writing books is amazing and all, and I still hope to get published someday, but it takes a LONG time from draft to publication and it's a lot of work that might result in burying that draft in the backyard and starting over on a new one.

I just baked some banana bread last night............oh wait.

Congrats Brian, things are about to get crazy at your house!

I've been writing about mostly mobile games right now on a site called http://GamePress.gg but it appears we're expanding into a wider variety of stuff. I've been covering stuff like the new Google streaming video game service called "Stadia" that looks really sweet, and hopefully I'll get lucky enough to hit up E3 or BlizzCon at some point. :)

But hey, my wife is happy. For once I'm using my writing for something that actually makes money. LOL! Writing books is amazing and all, and I still hope to get published someday, but it takes a LONG time from draft to publication and it's a lot of work that might result in burying that draft in the backyard and starting over on a new one.
I'm gonna be jealous as shit if you get to cover those. My wife wants to take me to one but we don't have the free time or money. Rest assured we will be dress to the T when we go though. I can't imagine about writing, I have heard horror stories of drafts after drafts after years just to be buried, so more power to you!

Congratulations to you and your growing family. Glad to hear things are going well. Keep us posted my friend.

Congratulations and sorry I missed you whilst passing through Minn this year. Maybe next time.

Yay! Congratulations! Also, that's awesome that you get to write about something you enjoy for a living (or at least a partial income).

Just saw this! Congratulations!! I went maybe 2 years without hearing about anyone around me being pregnant and suddenly everyone is 😂
I think it’s great though! Found out many people are due in Jan with me. What’s her due date??