• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I'm not looking for sympathy

Thanks to you, one and all for your prayers, best wishes, thoughts, passages of strength. They have helped me immensely during my travels. Yesterday I had a treatment and a visit with my oncologist. The cancer on my lymph glands has shrunk and some of the areas on my liver have shrunk. Everything else is maintaining. We were going to start a new treatment this week but it was discussed and decided to wait until the cancer advances 20%. The newest treatment will (unless something great pops up is also my last shot at longevity so we are waiting for the perfect window of opportunity.
I miss this place and you guys and hopefully now that we have sold our old home and moved to a home that will be much easier for my wife to maintain, I will be able to find more time to enjoy your stories.

Thanks so much for your support.

Steve

Good to see you here and you seem to be in good spirits. Appreciate each day and take care.

Thanks for the update Steve, great to hear from you. I think of you often and wish you well.

So sorry to hear, brother. I hope and pray for you and yours. Might be time to consider alternative treatments, too?

Thanks for the update Steve! Keep fighting, and know you are still often in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks for checking in. Keeping you in our thoughts daily. Keep fighting.

I'm sure you probably have seen this, but I wanted to pass it along anyway... I am praying for your recovery brother...

Immunologic drugs differ from traditional treatment in that they are a “targeted” therapy that bolsters the immune system to fight the cancer, as opposed to the conventional drug treatment for cancer, which is chemotherapy.

Chemotherapy kills cells that are subdividing, including non-cancerous ones as well. But it often debilitating side effects, including nausea, hair loss, and frequent infections.

On the other hand, immunotherapy drugs affect only the cancer cells, and this lessens the side effects. That makes patients more likely to be able to continue their usual activities.

In addition to being treated with the newest type of immunotherapy, patients can be treated with the latest form of radiation — stereotactic radiosurgery, which goes by different names, including “Gamma Knife” treatment.

Like conventional chemotherapy, traditional radiation does not distinguish between tumor cells and healthy cells — it kills both. But stereotactic radiosurgery focuses the beams better on the tumor, so it can kill the cancer cells more effectively while sparing the healthy ones.

Best regards,

Bill