• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

In case you haven't seen it...

SweetMelissa

Sweet Innocent Angel
Fantastic movie...I haven't read the graphic novel but Mike was in the process of Re-reading it. He says they did it justice. I just enjoyed the movie. Note that this is not your typical super-hero movie so NOT for small kids. Have fun watching it, I am sure we will see it again.

Melly

I heard there is a lot of weiner in it. Can't let my daughters see it :angry:

I personally thought it was God awful and a waste of nearly 3 hours.

I watched it last night and didn't think it was all that great. Had some parts that were okay, but eh....I dunno. I did like the detective/investigator dude with that moving mask thing.

Just opened here but it'll have to wait until next weekend . . . I loved the graphic novel, and from the previews I've seen, they really captured the look of the original artwork.

From the reviews I've read, they also chose fidelity to the original over effective movie narrative pacing, lol. But I don't mind that sort of thing when it's such an obvious labor of love. Can't wait to see it. May read the novel all over again first, too.

~Boar

I liked it. It was extremely long. I found myself looking at my watch several times.

Way too much blue penis!

I personally thought it was God awful and a waste of nearly 3 hours.

I heard it was damn long, and I don't want to show any party affiliation here, but I heard there were many "political" overtones.

Of all the superhero genre movies, and graphic novel adaptations, I thought Watchmen was pure genius and magnificent! The casting was dead on, and the changes to Alan Moore's script were perfect for movie land.

Read the novel, then watch this masterpiece on the silver screen. Its worth every agonizing minute of numb-ass syndrome!

Highly recommended!
Darren

I believe it is recommended to those that are already fans of the original graphic novel. The movie is supposed to stay true to the original works. However, for those unfamiliar with the work it becomes three hours of blue penis (seriously, you can bend and manipulate matter into whatever you want except for some pants). It is more mature and I doubt small children will be able to keep up their attention span to sit through the 2 hours and 43 minutes.

Read the novel.
Watched the watchmen 12 part novel brought to life.

Watched the movie.

-Actors spot on
-missed alot of the scenes essential to the plot
-ending was better than novel

overall a good movie. if you are into comic books and or the watchmen series you will enjoy seeing Snyders vision on film.

sucked balls if you have no idea what watchmen is about. the story jumps too much and without having some sort of background you are pretty much lost.

(seriously, you can bend and manipulate matter into whatever you want except for some pants).

Best quote of the month!!

Thanks for the heads up. I know nothing about the book, but might watch it when it comes out on DVD, or Blu Ray (if I have one by then.)

Interesting comments here at work; several folks saw it. Some thought it was incredible. Some thought it sucked hard. Didn't find much of a gray area; folks pretty much to a man loved it, or hated it.

Movies like this always interest me. Guess I'd better go see it and make up my own mind..... :thumbs:

Interesting comments here at work; several folks saw it. Some thought it was incredible. Some thought it sucked hard. Didn't find much of a gray area; folks pretty much to a man loved it, or hated it.

Movies like this always interest me. Guess I'd better go see it and make up my own mind..... :thumbs:

That's the nice thing about home theater. If I wind up in the hate it category, I either shut it off, or head into my study and read cigar boards. :laugh: