• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

In case you missed in the Herf forum

jgohlke

My other hobby
Stogieman and I got together last Saturday at a friends house and had a smoke before we headed off down to the CAO event at Corona Cigars. Our buddy, Oscar, recently bought a big hutch and consolodated his cigar stash (mostly) into one place. He put together a package deal of one his 100 count desktop humi's and some well-aged cigars for me. We stopped by to visit, see his place and do the deal. I got a terrific deal from a fellow BOTL on some really nice, aged cigars and a sweet humi suitable for display. We sealed the deal with a smoke. I'll try to get some pictures of my new humidor for you all to see.

In the meantime, a picture worth a little drool.....(Oscar's stash and new hutch)

standard.jpg

Cheers,
Joe

GREAT GOOGELY MOOGELY!!!!!!!!!!!!! That thing is UN-REAL! congrats, congrats, congrats. :D

jgohlke said:
Stogieman and I got together last Saturday at a friends house and had a smoke before we headed off down to the CAO event at Corona Cigars. Our buddy, Oscar, recently bought a big hutch and consolodated his cigar stash (mostly) into one place. He put together a package deal of one his 100 count desktop humi's and some well-aged cigars for me. We stopped by to visit, see his place and do the deal. I got a terrific deal from a fellow BOTL on some really nice, aged cigars and a sweet humi suitable for display. We sealed the deal with a smoke. I'll try to get some pictures of my new humidor for you all to see.

In the meantime, a picture worth a little drool.....(Oscar's stash and new hutch)

Cheers,
Joe
[snapback]179305[/snapback]​

That looks suspiciously like Ocat's "yummy cave"....

damm nice collection there...and a hell of a piece of furniture.

I volunteer to clean it out and put things in a neat and orderly fashion so you can find what you're looking for. :p

AVB said:
I volunteer to clean it out and put things in a neat and orderly fashion so you can find what you're looking for. :p
[snapback]179354[/snapback]​

You'll have to get past Oscar's Ninja Gopher guards first!

Yes, it is Ocat's (Oscar in real life). It's his new hutch that he has used to consolidate his stash of cigars....that's why he was able to sell me one of his smaller humi's.

I guess my original post wasn't too clear. The picture is Oscar's new humi. My new (much smaller) humi that I bought from him is not pictured. Sorry for the confusion.

Joe

I never thought I would be jealous of another mans humidor but DAAANNNNGGGG :0 My wife could sleep in there :D

To answer the question from Lucusbuck....

He uses 50/50 for humidification (50% PG, 50% distilled water) in a plastic container with a piece of that green foam stuff. You can see it in the picture, top shelf, right-hand side, leaning up against inside wall.

Oscar keeps his house A/C on so the humidity inside his house doesn't change much. He lined the inside of the hutch with cedar and there are plenty of boxes too. It's pretty new for him, so he's monitoring it to see if it needs more or less attention. The hutch isn't a formal humidor, so it doesn't seal airtight. He thought about lining it and sealing it, but for now, is just watching it to see how it will do.

The CAO Brazilia Piranha that I smoked out of it was perfect, easy draw, nice burn.

Cheers,
Joe

Looks pretty deep inside but not from the outside. I wonder how that works?
Other than that, a nice collection fer sure.

Eins said:
Looks pretty deep inside but not from the outside. I wonder how that works?
[snapback]185733[/snapback]​

Must be a TARDIS in disguise(for you Doctor Who fans)!