• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

In Iraq - Suggest type of humidification?

FireFighter 227

Reaction score
I will be in Iraq until June of next year, so I'd like to find the best solution for keeping my sticks nice and moist. Generally, I keep my cigars around 65%, but this is in a larger humidifier and in an environment that isnt nearly as dry. Let me start by saying Iraq is VERY hot and VERY dry, if you didn't already know.

With that, I'm thinking I would like to use whatever provides the wettest environment, as I am using a small 20 count humidor and it's opened at least a few times a day. What do you suggest?

Also, anyone want to pawn off some Acid's? They are liked in these parts :)

Do a search for "ammo can" humidor or something along those lines. Some guys who have been over there already have used some cool stuff. Do a little searching I'm sure you will find numerous options.

Justin
I have been deployed over there three times and the best thing that worked for me was a 48ct cooler with 65% beads. A few of the boxes would come with cedar and when they were empty I would use the cedar and put it on the sides and in the bottom. I always had a good burn and they were just right. If your living in a tent or trailer they usually have A/C so it shouldn't be any problem. If you have a 5 count caddy put your cigars that you plan on smoking that day so they get used to the dry heat. If not your lighter wrapper cigars might crack hell some times the maduro's will too! Some people use plastic tupperware just depends on how many cigars you have. You can use just about anything.

IMO I think 60% might not be enough because once you go outside well lets just say you can watch and hear your cigar cracking. But you never know?

I just got back from FOB Delta, I have been there before but just passing through. It is good to be home!
thumbs-up.gif

As long as your hunidoe, whatever it is, has a good seal and you can keep it from getting too hot, you'll be fine. I used a regular desktop and an otterbox and my smokes were just fine in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Come back safe.

All great advice....

When I was over there (in Al Asad/ Al Taqquadum) last year I used a Lock-N-Lock container and some 65% beads. I would take a couple smokes out and put them in a dry box just to get them used to the lack of humidity and temp. Good luck and enjoy Camp Cupcake....

A/C? You guys are skylarking me, right? I had a hole in the ground.It had a roof and was well decorated, but it was still a hole in the ground. :laugh:

Doc.

Like the Godfather, I gonna make you an offer you can't refuse. Get your humidor set up and working and I will commit to send you 3 Acids when you are ready.

Watch out for them Cupcakes (it that what those are on your avatar Lurch????

Ed

A/C? You guys are skylarking me, right? I had a hole in the ground.It had a roof and was well decorated, but it was still a hole in the ground.
laugh.gif

Doc.

Did you have to walk barefoot, uphill and in the snow to get to your fighting hole?
laugh.gif

A/C? You guys are skylarking me, right? I had a hole in the ground.It had a roof and was well decorated, but it was still a hole in the ground.
laugh.gif

Doc.

Did you have to walk barefoot, uphill and in the snow to get to your fighting hole?
laugh.gif
Hell no, that's how I got to school when I was a boy. And, it was uphill both ways.

Doc.