• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

In need of Local Knowledge

Capt J

Quiet Member
After attending the QSH in August, my wife "Lindy" and i are going to spend three or four days in Manhattan to celebrate our thirtieth wedding anniversary.

Our hotel is in the Gramercy Park area and i am in search of a decent place to smoke my daily cigar(s). Of course travel to a good destination is an option.

Thanks for any knowledge you can share.

J

I hear there's a few good places in Charlotte.....sorry, wrong city!  :p

I am coming your way in June, around the 16th. Supposed to talk to some master gardeners in Rock Hill and i am trying to talk Lindy into staying at the Marriott by Cutters :) 

Capt J said:
I am coming your way in June, around the 16th. Supposed to talk to some master gardeners in Rock Hill and i am trying to talk Lindy into staying at the Marriott by Cutters :)
I have to work the 16th, but have the 14th, 15th, 17th, and 18th off. Sounds like a get together!

I went for the first time this last January and stayed alittle more north than where you are.  But there were a few good areas to go.  BUT my favorite was the

The Carnegie Club

156 W 56th St
New York, NY 10019

It was very pricey, but a great atmosphere!  It feels like it is a place that you would see Capone or Sinatra.  There is a cutting fee, but it is worth bringing your own (as they are very expensive)  and getting some scotch.

The Carnegie Club is a nice upscale place to hang out. I also highly recommend taking your bride to The Russian Tea Room. Beautiful setting for a meal. I especially like the High Tea, from 2-4:30. For $50/person you'll get an assortment of blinis, sandwiches, cheese, caviar and desserts. It's a neat experience and you won't need a coat and tie. Both places are within a block of each other.

Cigar Inn - nice spot to sit.
Carnegie is a nice visit as well.

The NY crew has monthly herf thread.  Post up in there for some more info too!

Thanks fellows for the feed back.

I will post something in the herf thread and hopefully gain some more local knowledge.