• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

In praise of triple flame torches!

psyktek

Frugal Old Fart!
Picked up two of the "Zeus" lighters from BargainHumidors. For $10 each, they are built like tanks, have a -- sort of -- visible fuel supply and I don't think they use any more fuel than a single torch.

The reason? The flame is so hot and so huge, there's no need to "toast" the foot. Just bring it within range, move it back and forth and turn a little and the whole foot is lit evenly with no charring, in about half or less the time a single flame takes.

But I still don't know where the name "Zeus" comes from. Nary a mention of any Greek deities on the packaging...... :lookup:

I've got a Colibri TriFecta (triple flame) torch, which I love... However I don't carry it with me because its just too big :lookup: So I leave it in my humidor tray for in the house .... The Trifecta I have is the older larger one with no punch or anything ($80'ish), and the newer ones have a punch on the bottom (nice), still around $80

And recently I bought a triple flame generic, from one of my local herf buddies for a whopping $3.50! (yep, three dollars and fifty cents) That one I keep in my car.........YES, they are incredible. :)

I ordered the Zeus too from there awhile back for a trade, but ended up with a Nibbo (pretty much the same thing) and I am really happy with it. The strength of the triple flame is unbeatable and really lights up a robusto and other large ring cigars easily.

Sam