• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Indy 500

Incredible finish, I was pulling for Danica and Marco. I thought Marco had it after Hornish had to back off after trying to pass going into the turn. I still can't believe Hornish was able to make up the ground that he did with only 1 lap to go. As Marco said, he could have easily blocked out Hornish on the front, but that could have put them both in the wall. Great race.

Im still upset though, this is the first time in 5 years I havent gone. I go with my family every year. My dad has been going for 29 years now. We always take our motorhome and camp out just across Georgetown about 100 yards to the right of the Pagoda.

:0 :0 :0 :0

I was pulling for the Andrettis but WOW what a finish! :0

As you say - I was also pulling for Marco but Hornish is some driver.
Everyone including Marco thought the race was over. Marco's comment after
the race, "where did he (Hornish) get the speed"

Brian

I felt bad for Danica. As soon as that caution came out at the end I said "well...she's screwed". If that caution hadn't come out I think she could have contended for the lead.

Also, I think something needs to be done about the fuel hose releases on the cars. There were two cars today that pulled away with the hoses still attached. You would think by now after all the pit fires over the years that they would have some sort of breakaway device on the hose in case something like this happens. I remember about 5 years ago I was sitting in the Team Rahal pit in Michigan when Adrian Fernandez pulled away two pit stalls over with the hose still attached tipping over the entire tank spilling out 40 gallons of methanol which then caught on fire. Definately a scary moment. [end rant]

Marco winning would have sparked Indy500 interest again, I was pulling for him but it didn't happen.

The south bend station is a low power signal so I usually can't watch it. Surprisingly DISH Network had 6 free channels this year each an individual car cam. I watched car cam #4 (7-Eleven). I think it was 5th place.

Interesting to watch from that view. Pass a few slowly, watch others fly by. I could hear the final ending but the view was no where near the action. That stunck but was kinda interesting. Now I know how it feels from the drivers view.

Great race. I was pretty sure Hornish would take Marco on the line as he was running so much faster. Amazing finish just the same.

What an amazing finish. I would have really liked to see Marco win it...shoot only 19 years old? That would have been sweet. I would have liked to have seen Danica win too... :laugh:

Either way, what a great finish that's what racing is all about folks!!!

That was one of the best races I have ever seen!

I was glad to see Hornish win; he definately had the best car.

But I was impressed with Marco as well. And he was classy beyond his years after the race!

Patrick