• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

info for a gurkha ive had

ramjet

hey all, just would like some info on a gurkha ive had for quite some time. it is in a class case with a light colored wrapper, 6in. supposedly french cognac involved. anyone familiar? anyway, how do you guys and gals store it. ive been leaving it in the glass case now for about 3 years. was that a good or bad move? also, any longevity issues to contend with? lemme know and be frank. ive lurked for about a week now and have not found any info that looks like what i need! any help appreciated.

Hey ramjet,

You should be fine with the Gurkha tube in the glass. If it is still "sealed" at the bottom, you're good to go smoke that thing. In my personal opinion, I tried one once, and it just wasn't my thing. Welcome to CP!

I tried one once, and it was the most execrably horrendously putrid cigars I've ever had. But hey, knock yourself out--YMMV and all that. :rolleyes:

~Boar

Best of luck with that cigar.

And also in the future, watch the spelling and punctuation. CP prides itself on professionalism and this is key to not getting told off everytime you make a post.

Sorry about that. As for the cigar, the local tobacconist "claimed" it to be a good celebratory cigar (the birth of my son.) for a decent price. I will smoke it and see for myself. Thanks all. I also dont like the cap on the end of the case. It seems to leave marks on my travel humidor.

Was it a tobacconist or a cigar store clerk? Big difference, While I really enjoy cigars and work part time in a B&M
Im not a tobacconist. Ive seen clerks who dont even smoke and just recommend what ever they get a bounty on.

Good point! Well, like I said, Im more a casual smoker. Not an expert. But anyhow, I was remembering back in the 90s. of a similar cigar dipped in 30yr. old french cognac (La Diva) any experience with them? I remember the price was close ( 10 to 16 dollars). As for my current dwelling, Im kind of into Perdomo offerings. thanks again for the help and I WILL keep you abreast when I smoke this Ghurka!

Some people like to dip cigars more than others. It is really just a personal preference. Try the same cigar twice, once 'dipped' and the other not.