• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Insert Authenticity

MichiganM

Padron Whore Extraordinaire
Hey all, I haven't posted here in a very long time. Had a falling out and maybe I was a little brash with judgement. I'm a regular poster at another board and a pretty upstanding guy in the community. I apologize to anyone I offended, as I now come to you humble and in need of a little insight.

With that said, I recently purchased 7 boxes from a reputable vendor. I'm looking at the inserts and they look like this:

2327359983_e4e8efca02.jpg

That looks very different from all the genuine ones I see and others I have had in boxes. Also looks different from Wilkey's recent post on this:

2327363297_c352d3a8d6.jpg

Anything I'm not aware of???

Any help greatly appreciated!!!

In boxes from 2007, I have seen quite a few variations in the insert. A veritable explosion in the number of formatting and text changes. So much so that I have yet to catalogue them all. It's a bit puzzling but if your vendor is trustworthy, then chances are you're ok. Feel free to PM me with any additional information you think I should consider.

So no help so far at your other place?

Wilkey

Thanks Wilkey...informative as always!! I was hoping you'd respond. The vendor is A-OK and everything else checks out. The box, seals, the smell (ahh wonderful smell), I just never seen these inserts before.

Thanks again!!

I see you are not offering any helpfull information and just looking to stir things up.

I didn't want to PM a member here since I haven't posted in 2 years. I thought that would be a little rude, and plus I wanted to openly post to the members. I was secretly hoping Wilkey would respond, but I didn't think I had the kind of history here to openly call for him to reply. I was simply hoping he would speak up.

Thanks!

I see you are not offering any helpfull information and just looking to stir things up.

I didn't want to PM a member here since I haven't posted in 2 years. I thought that would be a little rude, and plus I wanted to openly post to the members. I was secretly hoping Wilkey would respond, but I didn't think I had the kind of history here to openly call for him to reply. I was simply hoping he would speak up.

Thanks!

Did you try a drink and a slow dance?

Thanks!

This explains a lot, thanks for the reply.

Also, I think it's always better to share information like this over the board than to relegate it to PM's. There isn't alot of info about the new inserts, now that it's on the board, everyone can see this.

That's the whole point behind a bulletin board, to posts bulletins and share information.

I don't think anything said here needed to be kept private and I hope it is helpfull information to other members.

I endeavor to help when I can. Especially if it benefits the members of this community. In this case, answering your public query puts it out there for the folks here and elsewhere so it's all good.

And as for PMing, it's all in how it's done. Only recently have I had to ignore requests from newly-registered, 0-post count newcomers. You've got to put in a little to get a little. It isn't so much paying dues as it is just plain fair.

Wilkey

You've got to put in a little to get a little.

heh heh heh :p

FWIW, I have seen an insert similar, if not identical, to the one in the OP from a valid vendor.

Interestingly I found these inserts in Partagas Piramides Ed. Ltd and Hoyo Piramides Ed. Ltd from reputable source in HK I bought in Jan 08.These were newly imported.I would have expected the insert with the spacing error in the English text(pre 05)The Ed Ltd insert are slightly different compare to my older ones but this would be the aging elements come into play .I confronted the shop immediately they found all the Ed Ltd are having this inserts,and happy to refund,I smoked a couple and decided to keep them.Two weeks later I received a box of 07 Cohiba Robusto from another reputable source also has this insert.While a POS MAR 07 Ramon Allones Especial Selection 50Cab comes with a insert with the spacing error in the English text!
The fact that a 00 box and 03 box have them meant they were packaged at the 2007?The PPED tastes a little lighter and less intense than my original one I bought in 02,but surely they are the real deal.

Interestingly I found these inserts in Partagas Piramides Ed. Ltd and Hoyo Piramides Ed. Ltd from reputable source in HK I bought in Jan 08.These were newly imported.I would have expected the insert with the spacing error in the English text(pre 05)The Ed Ltd insert are slightly different compare to my older ones but this would be the aging elements come into play .I confronted the shop immediately they found all the Ed Ltd are having this inserts,and happy to refund,I smoked a couple and decided to keep them.Two weeks later I received a box of 07 Cohiba Robusto from another reputable source also has this insert.
The fact that a 00 box and 03 box have them meant they were packaged at the 2007?The PPED tastes a little lighter and less intense than my original one I bought in 02,but surely they are the real deal.

It could happen.