• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Insomnia

Fireman Tim said:
Ahhh Cheekie, I was just thinking of you today, Sunday the 16th. The past couple of weeks I have had a bad spell of insomnia myself and found nothing that worked...including excessive drinking before bed. I also gave up the computer for a few days thus not responding to your post till tonight. I also have noticed that I have slowed down during the days lately and that may have a part of me not sleeping so starting tomorrow I will make an extra effort to get more active again and see if that helps. How have you been by the way and I love the name change too, I read why you changed it in another post of yours.
[snapback]238520[/snapback]​

F.T,
Thanks for the thoughts :) hopefully you weren't planning my demise in a slow and meticulous way :) (HAHA!!)
I have to admit that Thurs was STRESS induced.
I went from WENDS 8:30 am till Sat 4:30 am, which is my personal worst. But thankfully, come Sat I was curled up and passed out for a few hours, too bah I had to wake up at around 10:30 am to get to the office which now has turned into a 45 min drive north (BLEH) I got home that night I passed out at 2:30 am and E let me sleep till around 11:30 am Sunday am .
Last night was an early night & today I am at the office already :) So it seems like I am returning back to normal :)
I went to the DR on FRIDAY becuase I was going batty by then and he gave me some samples of Rozerem 8mg* tabz to scare away the night voices ( oh that didn't sound right ) lol.
Although I haven't really slowed down, but, When I first got on the board I was doing an excersise regimine to train for my CJBAT ( yeah imagine lil ol me w/ firearm ) and since I got a reality check and cosmic slap in the back of my head so now I am taking a few months off and prepping to go into nursing:)
FT, I will send you a PM on the updates I think I have bored enough people with this post, Best said things are going well. Kids are great, Sales are a little slow but I am praying that is just the calm before the storm. With the Merger there have been some marked changes in sales and M&P but hell that is half the fun :) Yeah I like my new name :)
When Trinity ( my 5 year old ) was 2, I would call her cheekie munki hence when E saw it on my 'puter he just instinctually called me that from then on :)
So, two great memories in one simple name. Plus, a girl needs some personal identity...lol.

SLEEP TAKING MONSTER ATTACKS AGAIN...GRRR!
I think there is some truth to the not being as physically active as I once was, I need to get back on the wagon... But I get bored on treadmils and running outside by myself is blah- Anyone got some suggestions?

Better Health through vigorous sex. Eccessive cigar smoking and Single malt scotch. Hot tub for 35 minutes. Regular exercise.

I even nap :whistling:

evidently the ability to spell is not an issue

Baron Porthos said:
Better Health through vigorous sex. Ecessive cigar smoking and Single malt scotch. Hot tub for 35 minutes. Regular exercise.

I even nap :whistling:
[snapback]245363[/snapback]​

Well I got one out of three....

Now and again I'm saddled with insomnia. Counting sheep and cigars doesn't work anymore. Reading Stephen King's book Insomnia cured me of it! That damn thing was so boring it made me listless and sent me off to slumberland in no time!

Seriously, try eating something. That might help. I'd say stay away from sleeping drugs.

:)
Darren

PTownshend said:
Now and again I'm saddled with insomnia. Counting sheep and cigars doesn't work anymore. Reading Stephen King's book Insomnia cured me of it! That damn thing was so boring it made me listless and sent me off to slumberland in no time!

Seriously, try eating something. That might help. I'd say stay away from sleeping drugs.

:)
Darren
[snapback]245431[/snapback]​

D-
I am on a mission to lose weight so I try not to eat right before bed.
Isn't it funny how when men get fat during a relationship people see it as " he is content" " happy" but a girl gains some weight she is " letting herself go" ...

I don't think I have insomnia like you all do, but I just can't go to sleep until my body is ready. Usually that isn't until midnight or so.

I agree with the exercise comment though. Something I should really do more of, and I notice that when I'm physically exhausted is when I have my most peaceful sleep.

Beyond that, I can usually always fall asleep in front of the TV, even if I can't fall asleep in bed.

Episodic Insomnia[1] sucks. Mostly because you aren't used to it. I've had insomnia my whole life (Cyclical Insomnia[2] - Genetic trait) and, for me, 2-4 hourse of sleep per night is simply what I have gotten my whole life. Despite being plagued with this, I still have bouts of EI and have found that I get the best results from... Tai Chi. Maybe I'm biased (I am now a Tai Chi Instructor) but a few basic exercises are great to improve circulation, relax the muscles and quiet the mind. Fifteen to thirty minutes of exercise before bed and I'm more relaxed and calm enough to fall asleep.

I could send you some basic breathing and mediation exercises if you like. I may even be able to scare up a video we made for our students here in Japan.

-K-

[1] - A temporary episode of one or more days without sleep or without restful sleep. Inability to achive Theta rest for a short time.

[2] - A temporary or permanant Insomnia in which the body is incapable of recevering from Theta sleep properly. The individual usually awakens out of Theta sleep, causing "spurts" of sleep in 1-1.5 hour increments. Most people (like me) only get 1-3 "spurts" per night (sometimes based on season) before the body rejects further sleep.