• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Insult to Injury

People like to do things that they know are not necessarily healthy. As long as one is not affecting the health of others (smoking bans make that difficult to do), why is there still a witch hunt?

And don't give me the insurance angle. I am paying for others' poor eating habits, reckless driving & sports injuries. When are they going to be demonized?

I'm not trying to be political in any way here, but the last bit of the article states:

"Waxman and Kennedy have been trying to give the FDA authority to regulate tobacco ever since the Supreme Court ruled in 2000 that the agency did not have that authority."

If the Supreme Court ruled that the FDA doesn't have that authority, wouldn't giving the FDA that power (without reversing the Supreme Court ruling) be completely undermining the three house government that we have set up?

I'm pretty confused...

In light of recent taxation on tobacco in order to fund health insurance for children, I feel that the American public should no longer demonize the tobacco user. Rather they should be praised for their monetary support of our nations youth. Tobacco use should be encouraged if we are to protect our children. Just a thought.
:)