• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Interested in HDTV?

Sorry 2 different statements, there is a lot more that goes into picture quality than 720 vs. 1080. The Panasonic plasma is 720p and has a better picture than the Vizio 1080p.

When I switch the Vizio back and forth between 720P and 1080P I see no difference. Statement should have read:
"The plasma is 720P but the LCD is 1080P, I can tell no difference in picture quality though when switching between 1080p and 720p on that TV."

I don't know, my SXRD blows my plasma away in picture quality.

Personally I love buying TV's every couple of years, then you have another cool TV to relocate to the Cigar Den, or the office or wherever. Another couple years and I'll end up with a 42 inch plasma in the bathroom....

There are a number of different SXRD models. If you have a rear projector one then it should have a better picture because it will be able to produce better blacks than an LCD or Plasma. What you lose is the space. If you are talking about a one tube front projector then something isn't right with your plasma since they should be about equal. Lastly, if you have a CRT tube version it should be better since that is a standard not yet equaled by digital technologies.

I don't know, my SXRD blows my plasma away in picture quality.

I initially bought a small plasma and then bought an LCD later on. The LCD is now my main tv while the plasma is in my daughters' room. The plasma paled in comparison to the LCD. Movies were incredible, cartoons were insanely vivid, sporting events were crisp and even my video games looked even more realistic. No one can tell me that plasma TVs are better than LCDs. You can even tell the difference at your local Best Buy.

Screw all that nonsense about wide angle viewing. If I invest $2000 on a television, you better believe I'm putting my couch right in front it.

Got my Vizio 50" Plasma a year ago and love it. To my eye the best LCD doesn't come close. 1080p dvd looks amazing and even a lot of DirecTV HD stuff looks great. Le Tour de France has never looked better.

My old Plasma was 720P and I recognized a noteable difference when I bought my 1080P LCD...the LCD is 10x better. The LCD has much richer colors and the image quality is excellent. Plus my old Plasma died after only owning it for about 2 years and I noticed a significant image burn if I left something on the TV too long...my LCD doesn't do that. I am not a fan of Plasmas and will never buy another one.

Thanks for the clarification Depasta...I see where your coming from now. :)

Back