• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Interesting Day...

haguc

Well, it has been quite the interesting day for me. I have been working at a company for about 3.5 years. In that time the atmosphere has changed substantially. After some large changes occurred with some upper level management I decided that I should voice my opinion to the main owner. It has always been the philosophy at the company to speak up and voice your opinion.I decided to speak up at my current work was in hopes that they would listen and change, but if they decided not to then I didn't feel like I fit in there anymore. This time, in the end, they decided they didn't want to listen and they let me go over it citing a negative attitude (I stated my opinion to the main owner). In the end, it was my time to move on.

So, that made for an exciting afternoon, but I was able to pack up my stuff in time to still make it to the second job interview I had at a different company. I have a third interview with them on Wednesday afternoon and I think they are going to offer me a job, so I am not worrying at all... yet.

For right now though, I am going to enjoy a few days of peace and tranquility from the politics of my old job. I'll be burning one off for all of you out there working tomorrow around midday!

Its called retaliation, and unless they have a long documented list of your poor attitude, you basically have them by the balls if you so choose. I hope you documented what you said to the boss, if not, write it down now as best as you can remember the situation.

I'm not a big fan of our litigious society, but I have no respect for a company that fires people for speaking their mind in the best interest of the company and through the proper channels as opposed to around the water cooler.

Good luck with the interviews, and the job search in general. Hopefully the transition from old to new goes smoothly for you. All the best brother!

I feel you! I hope your interviews go well. I'm a firm believer that you have to be happy in your job, or it's not worth being there. Best wishes!

Also, I agree with mmburtch, retaliation is illegal in the workplace. Documenting what happened would probably be wise. Even if you don't sue, it can still be helpful when explaining why you left your previous job to future employer prospects.

From previous stories that I had heard about the owner I was not particularly surprised, but I felt as if I didn't speak up then I would never be happy there anyway. I am not worried about litigation, it's just not worth it... someday they will either learn or it will come back to bite them.

Good luck brother with the interview process and you did the right thing. You shouldn't have to work somewhere that you aren't happy and iy's always good to tell the owners / managemant how you feel....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

I'm sorry to hear that you lost your job, but it sounds like you were ready to move on anyways. I was bummed 5 years ago when I lost the job that I loathed getting up in the morning for. Now I have the best job in the world and couldn't be happier. This is probably a turn for the better. Good luck with interviews.

Its called retaliation, and unless they have a long documented list of your poor attitude, you basically have them by the balls if you so choose. I hope you documented what you said to the boss, if not, write it down now as best as you can remember the situation.

I'm not a big fan of our litigious society, but I have no respect for a company that fires people for speaking their mind in the best interest of the company and through the proper channels as opposed to around the water cooler.

Is this true? I thought that most states are at-will, which means a boss can fire you simply because they don't like your "attitude". No documentation is needed. The only laws I know of that restrict this are discrimination and whistle-blower laws. Of course, it's not wise to simply fire people because they give you feedback you don't like, but the owner will learn this the hard way.

Remember, when one door closes another one usually opens. Keep the pressure on until something comes up.
Good luck
Tom

I'm sorry to hear that you lost your job, but it sounds like you were ready to move on anyways. I was bummed 5 years ago when I lost the job that I loathed getting up in the morning for. Now I have the best job in the world and couldn't be happier. This is probably a turn for the better. Good luck with interviews.

Is this true? I thought that most states are at-will, which means a boss can fire you simply because they don't like your "attitude". No documentation is needed. The only laws I know of that restrict this are discrimination and whistle-blower laws. Of course, it's not wise to simply fire people because they give you feedback you don't like, but the owner will learn this the hard way.

At will is a joke. Try firing a minority just because.

Well, it has been quite the interesting day for me. I have been working at a company for about 3.5 years. <Snippet> This time, in the end, they decided they didn't want to listen and they let me go over it citing a negative attitude (I stated my opinion to the main owner). In the end, it was my time to move on.

So, that made for an exciting afternoon, but I was able to pack up my stuff in time to still make it to the second job interview I had at a different company . I have a third interview with them on Wednesday afternoon and I think they are going to offer me a job, so I am not worrying at all... yet.

For right now though, I am going to enjoy a few days of peace and tranquility from the politics of my old job. I'll be burning one off for all of you out there working tomorrow around midday!

wow... You guys wrote a novel I was gone...
Well I haven't really gotten the time ti fully read the forum untill now...
I did see that some post were made (from my phone) But I really did not have the time to reply...
Everything were well, some of you might know that I was working toward getting a promo at work! WORKED OUT!!!!
Really exited, because of that I really did not have the time to dedicate myself to CP
... Sorry for not posting sooner.
As I mention in my very early post, I am not too familiar with the etiquette on wish, I stated that I fell that I am still a noob at this, and please correct me if I am wrong in asking 3 sticks... Well you guys corrected me alright lol (no hard feeling)
anyway I had move my wishes to a frank... It ok if no one as it, I am glad that the pass is moving along, as far as me not checking if I had the stick or not before granting it... I felt bad about it and when too all the store and I found some! Sorry if its too late I just got the second one... here is what they were:

as far as the PIF I did receive the package I just did not have the time to send it out yet but as a proof I have the stick in picture and it will go out tomorrow:

and my contest gift will also go out tomorrow...

Sorry again for the delay I just got slammed ... =(
But see the commotion that I have created I am going to lay low for a while before participating in any CP activities...

Sorry guys

I am posting this here so not to clutter up the MAW-PIF

Look, maybe it is because I was up all night dealing with crack-heads beating each other with sticks, over a tall-boy of Camo (google it), but what is going on here? Maybe your post about relaxing and enjoying the "peace and tranquility" was tongue in check, but you admit to knowing that people had posted. When you have outstanding "debts" you need to check in on them and follow through. Life happens, we all know that. However, a man is only as good as his word and bridges once burnt are hard to rebuild.

You're at the point now where you have summed up the best advice, lay low for a bit. Make sure what you're getting into and make sure that you know what is expected of you if you participate.

Well, it has been quite the interesting day for me. I have been working at a company for about 3.5 years. <Snippet> This time, in the end, they decided they didn't want to listen and they let me go over it citing a negative attitude (I stated my opinion to the main owner). In the end, it was my time to move on.

So, that made for an exciting afternoon, but I was able to pack up my stuff in time to still make it to the second job interview I had at a different company . I have a third interview with them on Wednesday afternoon and I think they are going to offer me a job, so I am not worrying at all... yet.

I did see that some post were made (from my phone) But I really did not have the time to reply...
Everything were well, some of you might know that I was working toward getting a promo at work! WORKED OUT!!!!
Really exited, because of that I really did not have the time to dedicate myself to CP
As I mention in my very early post, I am not too familiar with the etiquette on wish, I stated that I fell that I am still a noob at this, and please correct me if I am wrong in asking 3 sticks... Well you guys corrected me alright lol (no hard feeling)
anyway I had move my wishes to a frank... It ok if no one as it, I am glad that the pass is moving along, as far as me not checking if I had the stick or not before granting it... I felt bad about it and when too all the store and I found some! Sorry if its too late I just got the second one... here is what they were:

as far as the PIF I did receive the package I just did not have the time to send it out yet but as a proof I have the stick in picture and it will go out tomorrow:

But see the commotion that I have created I am going to lay low for a while before participating in any CP activities...

Sorry guys

Look, maybe it is because I was up all night dealing with crack-heads beating each other with sticks, over a tall-boy of Camo (google it), but what is going on here? Maybe your post about relaxing and enjoying the "peace and tranquility" was tongue in check, but you admit to knowing that people had posted. When you have outstanding "debts" you need to

You're at the point now where you have summed up the best advice, lay low for a bit. Make sure what you're getting into and make sure that you know what is expected of you if you participate.

I guess I am a little confused about this post??? Me, Haguc, Adam Maxwell, and Gahau are different people. :thumbs:

Getting ready this morning to head out to that second interview that I have this afternoon. I'll let you guys know how it works out. Thanks everyone for your support.

Sorry guys

Look, maybe it is because I was up all night dealing with crack-heads beating each other with sticks, over a tall-boy of Camo (google it), but what is going on here? Maybe your post about relaxing and enjoying the "peace and tranquility" was tongue in check, but you admit to knowing that people had posted. When you have outstanding "debts" you need to check in on them and follow through. Life happens, we all know that. However, a man is only as good as his word and bridges once burnt are hard to rebuild.

For those of us who just woke up, whats the link between these two posts by two different people?

I think Breedy might have snuck the tall boy of Camo out of the evidence locker, and got a little jolly before making that post.

They had a few things come up today, so they had to reschedule the interview. It'll probably be Friday I am guessing, I'll keep you posted.

I guess I am a little confused about this post??? Me, Haguc, Adam Maxwell, and Gahau are different people. :thumbs:

Getting ready this morning to head out to that second interview that I have this afternoon. I'll let you guys know how it works out. Thanks everyone for your support.

For those of us who just woke up, whats the link between these two posts by two different people?

I think Breedy might have snuck the tall boy of Camo out of the evidence locker, and got a little jolly before making that post.

Wow!!! That Camo ain't no joke. Just another example of what posting with out fully thinking can do. Major apologies to Haguc and I hope the interviews go well.

Apologies,

Brandon

Good for you haguc. Stand up to the establishment and share your thoughts. Not enough people do that and end up miserable for years at their job, if not longer. Good luck with this new position you are interviewing for. Hope everything goes smoothly. Enjoy the downtime...