• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Intermittent slow downs?

My problem has been that some pictures and avatars are not showing and it takes a long time to refresh those threads that contain photos.

Aside from adding more resources to the server last night, I also blocked Yahoo. Looks like blocking yahoo made a big difference!

My problem has been that some pictures and avatars are not showing and it takes a long time to refresh those threads that contain photos.
Same here. I'm also still noticing a slow down here and there (mainly when searching), but nothing like it was just yesterday.

Aside from adding more resources to the server last night, I also blocked Yahoo. Looks like blocking yahoo made a big difference!
Don't look now, they're back.

Doc.

Doc.
I noticed the fuggers too. It's a big leap going from 250 guests to 28. I can imagine that must really help things. What havoc must Yahoo and Google be wreaking on the rest of the net.

Wilkey

Yahoo is causing some major problems to a lot of sites, as of 1 month ago. Google is fine. Google indexes in a much better way than Yahoo indexes. Hopefully Yahoo can get their act together soon. Until then, they're going to have a lot of pissed of site owners blocking them.

If blocking 95% works I wouldn't worry about the other 5%. Since it is still getting through (yahoo is on as I type this) it might not be worth the effort to try and block 100% of them.

Experiencing some very sluggish response right now. Only 24 guests online.

Wilkey

Not to pile on but it is pretty rough for me. I have a 10mb pipe and a modern pc so it is something else.

The server will always be sluggish at night, as that's when it's backed up.

Ahh, I see. It's about time for me to go to bed now anyway.

Night-O everyone.

Wilkey

Running fast on my end so far...

Seems good on my end so far. The better test will be tonight when I'm home. My comp there is OLD, and sometimes the wait is nearly unbearable.

Doc.
I noticed the fuggers too. It's a big leap going from 250 guests to 28. I can imagine that must really help things. What havoc must Yahoo and Google be wreaking on the rest of the net.

Wilkey

Given the timeframe that the Yahoo thing seems to have started, I'm betting it had something to do with this....

" Most users ever online was 600 on Jul 1 2007, 09:18 PM. "

Ouch!!

Way to watch out and take care of us Rod!!

Thanks!!