• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Internet nerd help please

CigarStone

For once, knowledge is making me poor!
Spectrum delted both of my 25 year old email accounts without notifying me.

I have abused them till they turned them back on temporarily.

I have to get new addresses and notify everyone, I have 1000's of contacts in both.

I dont think the addresses can be forwarded because once they delete them again, there is nothing to forward.

HELP!

I’m with ya. You could change to a google addy, and put an auto reply to help folks, but otherwise it’s a manual fix. Sux. Sorry and good luck. Reach out to CigSid, he may gave a simple answer.

Floyd T

Never heard of a company deleting an email account.

Sounds like a @CigSid question
I got rid of spectrum a year ago and they own the email addresses. They told me they would remain active. LIARS!

Might be time to upgrade to one of those new fangled AOL.com email accounts! 😆

Yeah but how do I tell all my former contacts? There are filters that prevent you from sending mass emails.

Without knowing the interface, it’s hard to say. I guess step one would be to get all the contacts to your new email.

Does spectrum have a “export contacts” feature? Seems like that would be a pretty generic feature to have for email.

Another approach might be to see if you can purchase a month of service from them to buy some time. Then maybe you can send notices in smaller amounts?

I’m not sure how many contacts would trigger a spam filter, maybe put a bunch in a “list” and then send a notice to the list and blind copy yourself and another email to see if it works?

I 2nd that. Reconnect your spectrum and it will buy you more time. At least another 3 months. I work for a telecommunications company and we turn off email accounts 90 days after you disconnect. Why should they support your email if you don’t pay them any more lol. And they aren’t in the info stealing business like google. But if you turn it back on it will at least restart some sort of clock. And never get an Internet Service Provider email again that’s super old school lol. No more service, more more email. Always stick with Gmail or Outlook or iCloud or something

In my work we export (drag) the emails to dedicated maps on your pc, downloading what you can and sending emails afterwards. You should still be able to access them. Atleast Outlook has this option for as long as I've used it:
See the video:

Hope it helps.

I 2nd that. Reconnect your spectrum and it will buy you more time. At least another 3 months. I work for a telecommunications company and we turn off email accounts 90 days after you disconnect. Why should they support your email if you don’t pay them any more lol. And they aren’t in the info stealing business like google. But if you turn it back on it will at least restart some sort of clock. And never get an Internet Service Provider email again that’s super old school lol. No more service, more more email. Always stick with Gmail or Outlook or iCloud or something
Agree with this. Unfortunately, they will not keep your data after a few months.

You calling Jeff, old? We already knew that.

@CigarStone You can’t still email over 1,000 people, so you? Is there a way to export your address book or is it that you’re afraid when you’re done and they email you, it will bounce back as undeliverable?

You calling Jeff, old? We already knew that.

@CigarStone You can’t still email over 1,000 people, so you? Is there a way to export your address book or is it that you’re afraid when you’re done and they email you, it will bounce back as undeliverable?
Lol. My main email I still use is an AOL so I’m still old school. But I have gmail and I cloud and outlook as well so I set up different things with different emails

What I would do, is to create the email on a pc, and once you do that, your emails and data will automatically port over to you PC. Then you will be able to keep all your information.
Just follow the directions here:

What I would do, is to create the email on a pc, and once you do that, your emails and data will automatically port over to you PC. Then you will be able to keep all your information.
Nerd!
22DAF4D7-232E-4099-BE85-CF610AF5EF46.png

I guess thats the issue, I canceled my Spectrum accout over a year ago?

If you already cancelled and they deleted your account, you're probably out of luck. Generally, they'll only spend time restoring accounts for employees, not customers who cancelled. Always best to never use an ISP email, as chances are you'll move or switch to another ISP at some point. Always use a general email account (proton mail, yahoo, etc). Worth calling them and speaking with a manager at least, to see if they can do anything.

IMHO if you're going to use a provider mail service, you should be using a local mail engine of some sort. We've got Outlook on both our machines as that was the 'legacy' software for a long time. Personally, I think it sucks pretty horribly..... 🤣 My dear wife has a gazillion contacts and mails in her Outlook system, so moving her to an on line solution isn't going to happen without an argument. But, the good news is even if Xfinity goes boom tomorrow, she's got her mail and contacts locally...which is the advantage of using local mail software. If I were 'starting over', I'd look long and hard at Mozilla Thunderbird for local mail software. There are several worth consideration, but Thunderbird (Mozilla) has been around and is very full featured.

Personally, I've got GMail and a couple other 'on line' mail services. Fingers crossed.....

IMHO if you're going to use a provider mail service, you should be using a local mail engine of some sort. We've got Outlook on both our machines as that was the 'legacy' software for a long time. Personally, I think it sucks pretty horribly..... 🤣 My dear wife has a gazillion contacts and mails in her Outlook system, so moving her to an on line solution isn't going to happen without an argument. But, the good news is even if Xfinity goes boom tomorrow, she's got her mail and contacts locally...which is the advantage of using local mail software. If I were 'starting over', I'd look long and hard at Mozilla Thunderbird for local mail software. There are several worth consideration, but Thunderbird (Mozilla) has been around and is very full featured.

Personally, I've got GMail and a couple other 'on line' mail services. Fingers crossed.....
I agree with Gmail as a good email provider. Never say never, but very low chance of that service going away in our lifetime