• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Internet storage?

texasaggie

Need a drink...
Ok, not cigar topic at all, but I've got a lot of digital camera pictures from trips I've taken and parties on my office computer, I'm changing jobs and would like to send them by email or something so I can go home and save them on my computer there, the zipfiles are too big for disk or my flash pen drive. I'd rather not unzip and send a few hundred emails with each picture, because most email systems limit you to 5 or 10 megs an email. Is there anywhere I can send/save the files online or transfer somehow, where I can go and retrieve them from home? Thanks for the help :)

Somebody there must have a CD burner, that would be the easiest way to do it IMO. 700 megs per CD should take care of your needs.

I don't have one on my computer, and the only other computer in the office is too slow to even turn on, much less have a burner. I was hoping for something online, maybe free, I've got yahoo, but they won't transfer over 10 megs or so at one time.

Take someone up on a free 1 GB Gmail email account....or 3-1 GB free email accounts! :p

I've got a gmail account, and it's great, it won't, however, transfer more than 10 megs per email. I've also got a pen drive, but it's only 64 megs, and I don't have a usb on my home computer. Haha, I've got a lot of complaints huh? :)

See if someone has space available on an FTP. I think that would be the best solution to your problem.

Maybe an external USB harddrive.....I know you don't have USB at home :p You can still get Parallel Port drives.

I'd go for the USB harddrive and buy a USB card for your home computer.

Just set up an FTP program on your home computer and access it from your work comp, no problems

Roseysman said:
Just set up an FTP program on your home computer and access it from your work comp, no problems
Now how would a computer idiot go about doing that, is it just a program I can buy, or what, I've been experimenting with TightVNC, but can't get on from home. Thanks for all the help also. :)

Go to www.CNET.com there download section has many free versions you can try. I use CuteFTP and have also used BulletProof, very easy to setup and run. It's just like moving files that are on your comp from one hD to another