• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Internet storage?

texasaggie

Need a drink...
Reaction score
Ok, not cigar topic at all, but I've got a lot of digital camera pictures from trips I've taken and parties on my office computer, I'm changing jobs and would like to send them by email or something so I can go home and save them on my computer there, the zipfiles are too big for disk or my flash pen drive. I'd rather not unzip and send a few hundred emails with each picture, because most email systems limit you to 5 or 10 megs an email. Is there anywhere I can send/save the files online or transfer somehow, where I can go and retrieve them from home? Thanks for the help :)

Somebody there must have a CD burner, that would be the easiest way to do it IMO. 700 megs per CD should take care of your needs.

I don't have one on my computer, and the only other computer in the office is too slow to even turn on, much less have a burner. I was hoping for something online, maybe free, I've got yahoo, but they won't transfer over 10 megs or so at one time.

Take someone up on a free 1 GB Gmail email account....or 3-1 GB free email accounts! :p

I've got a gmail account, and it's great, it won't, however, transfer more than 10 megs per email. I've also got a pen drive, but it's only 64 megs, and I don't have a usb on my home computer. Haha, I've got a lot of complaints huh? :)

See if someone has space available on an FTP. I think that would be the best solution to your problem.

Maybe an external USB harddrive.....I know you don't have USB at home :p You can still get Parallel Port drives.

I'd go for the USB harddrive and buy a USB card for your home computer.

Just set up an FTP program on your home computer and access it from your work comp, no problems

Roseysman said:
Just set up an FTP program on your home computer and access it from your work comp, no problems
Now how would a computer idiot go about doing that, is it just a program I can buy, or what, I've been experimenting with TightVNC, but can't get on from home. Thanks for all the help also. :)

Go to www.CNET.com there download section has many free versions you can try. I use CuteFTP and have also used BulletProof, very easy to setup and run. It's just like moving files that are on your comp from one hD to another

How much total space are we talking about?

Dave