• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Investment banking research assistant

DemonR6

BBQn, Smokin & Ridin
I have been interviewing alot the past week looking for a new job (currently unemployed) and went on a couple today. One was at Houlihan Smith Investment Banking. The job is as a research assistant, which entails cold calling business to see if they are thinking about selling the business or are looking for capital to expand. The pay is very good, but only if you are generating solid leads. Does anyone have any experience in this field that can offer more insight on the position? The cold calling aspect doesn't bother me at all (I have sold artwork door to door :laugh: ). I am just trying to make sure that if I take the job that it will actually provide the pay I need , if I do the job properly of course. Thanks guys.

If you want to check out the company and give me some feedback the web address is www.houlihansmith.com

Would this job allow you to pay off your debts around here in a more timely fashion?

Perhaps I missed the thread where we as a community agreed that you could just come back in and start posting again like nothing happened, and we all cared about stuff like this. Could someone please point me towards that thread where all was forgiven? Otherwise perhaps you ought to take some long-given advice around here; Read More Type Less. Perhaps I'm being a bit harsh here, but you screwed with alot of people and perhaps a time out is in order. You go sit in your room, no tv or video games, and think about what you did. When you're ready to come out and start acting like a big boy let us know.

Sorry, I am simply trying to get my life back together. If you think it would be best to no longer post, then I won't post.

I'm not the jury around here, and am certainly not someone who can be telling anyone to stay or go, however perhaps it's better to just mellow it out a little bit. It's just my opinion, and I'm no one special, but I think there might be a few FOG's who have something to say on the matter as well. We'll let them be the ones to offer a verdict on where you can go from here.

I agree with you Gonz. I will try not to ask anything of the community I have wronged for a while. I was just very excited about the possibility of a job and wanted more information on it.

I will "read more, post less" for a while, at least until all the packages I shipped have arrived at their destinations and all debts are repayed.

I think you need to add a few months onto that timetable. ;)

I will "read more, post less" for a while, at least until all the packages I shipped have arrived at their destinations and all debts are repayed.

I think you need to add a few months onto that timetable. ;)

Will do. Thank you. I have borrowed a Sprint Broadband card from a friend to use until I can get my cable turned on, so at least I can still see the forums now from home.

I don't really have a "dog in this fight" but I sure get pissed when good BOTL's get screwed. Hanging Shooter with bad paper was a shitty deal, dude. He's a stand up guy and didn't deserve that. No one does, IMHO....

Tell the truth, communicate honestly, pay off your debts PROMPTLY....and see how it goes. You've dug yourself a king sized hole....what happens next is completely up to you.

My $00.02 - B.B.S.

I agree with you Gonz. I will try not to ask anything of the community I have wronged for a while. I was just very excited about the possibility of a job and wanted more information on it.

Frankly, I'm surprised that you would ever want to post here again after what has transpired.

Edit to add:

Actually, I'm not surprised that you would want to post. That's somewhat understandable since this is a great place. What surprises me is that you could think we'd allow you to post without some type of negative reaction. That's just unbelievable.

Need options on a job.
I have borrowed a Sprint Broadband card from a friend to use until I can get my cable turned on

Feeds through bullshit translator:

Everyone should feel sorry for me, I have no job, my cable/internet has been disconnected, I can't pay my bills, my goldfish died,
blah2.gif
blah2.gif
blah2.gif

Need options on a job.
I have borrowed a Sprint Broadband card from a friend to use until I can get my cable turned on

Feeds through bullshit translator:

Everyone should feel sorry for me, I have no job, my cable/internet has been disconnected, I can't pay my bills, my goldfish died,
blah2.gif
blah2.gif
blah2.gif

Lol, do you have a link for that bullshit translator? I love it :laugh: