• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

iPhone and/or blackberry app

dataz722

I have both an ipod touch and a blackberry phone and am looking for a good cigar app. I am looking for something that will keep track of my inventory, wish list, and my thoughts on ones that I have smoked before. I know there are a bunch of apps already out there but I am just looking to see what you all use and what you would recommend. I would prefer something that has an online database and I could use both the ipod and blackberry with it. I don't even know if something like that exists though.

Thanks.

I did but admit I didn't devote much time to it. Almost everything was about the tap-a-talk and app for this site.

There are a few threads on this already. 'inventory' or 'software' help the search along.

Maybe I just fail at searching but the only thing I can find that has done recently is this thread. Everything else I found is at least 2 years old. Is that the only software available that anyone uses?

Mobile Stogie for inventory. I bought it, but, TBH, I haven't actually used it much at all, but it looks to be pretty nice. It's an inventory app, with basic stats (name, country of origin, size, wrapper, etc) organized by brand name.

I also bought the Puff app (called "cigar review"). It's basically a database of all of the user submitted reviews from puff.com. Might be useful next time you're in the B&M and wanna see some reviews of something you're thinking of buying...but that's about it.

Mobile Stogie for inventory. I bought it, but, TBH, I haven't actually used it much at all, but it looks to be pretty nice. It's an inventory app, with basic stats (name, country of origin, size, wrapper, etc) organized by brand name.

I also bought the Puff app (called "cigar review"). It's basically a database of all of the user submitted reviews from puff.com. Might be useful next time you're in the B&M and wanna see some reviews of something you're thinking of buying...but that's about it.

OK...now that's funny!

(nothing personal)

If you search on here you'll find some interesting information on Mr Caputo!

OK...now that's funny!

(nothing personal)

I did a little search as you suggested...read a few old posts. Sounds like there's some animosity about this guy buying up some cigar forums and trash talking the owner of this one because he didn't sell? two years ago or so. Did I get it right?

I'm a member at puff...it seems to be a bigger (membershipwise) forum than here, and more active. Honestly, though, I trust the information I read over here more than over there. Still...I'm a newb and I'm reading everything I can.

Sorry if I fed some dissension by mentioning it. I certainly didn't mean to. I was just trying to help the OP.

I re-read my last post, and I wanted to add this, as I think I didn't emphasize the point well enough - the puff.com app is all USER SUBMITTED reviews, not professional reviewers. It's not a bad app, but it's not exactly terrific. Some of the user submitted reviews are obviously from someone who knows what they're talking about...and many more are much less useful - "best/worst cigar ever!" "my favorite!" "threw it out after the first puff!" some with misspelled words, etc. Also, I'm pretty sure they're the same reviews that are already on puff's main page...so the info is actually accessible without the app. Anyway, limited usefulness, but still a nice app to have, IMO.

Fortunately the owner of CigarPass, Bud Bob Todd Rob Rod , has a policy in place to prevent dust ups, so I can't fully express my utter disdain for Caputo's history of douchebaggery and his attitude asshattery - but you won't find much love for his site from this community's long timers.

OK...now that's funny!

(nothing personal)

I did a little search as you suggested...read a few old posts. Sounds like there's some animosity about this guy buying up some cigar forums and trash talking the owner of this one because he didn't sell? two years ago or so. Did I get it right?

I'm a member at puff...it seems to be a bigger (membershipwise) forum than here, and more active. Honestly, though, I trust the information I read over here more than over there. Still...I'm a newb and I'm reading everything I can.

Sorry if I fed some dissension by mentioning it. I certainly didn't mean to. I was just trying to help the OP.

I re-read my last post, and I wanted to add this, as I think I didn't emphasize the point well enough - the puff.com app is all USER SUBMITTED reviews, not professional reviewers. It's not a bad app, but it's not exactly terrific. Some of the user submitted reviews are obviously from someone who knows what they're talking about...and many more are much less useful - "best/worst cigar ever!" "my favorite!" "threw it out after the first puff!" some with misspelled words, etc. Also, I'm pretty sure they're the same reviews that are already on puff's main page...so the info is actually accessible without the app. Anyway, limited usefulness, but still a nice app to have, IMO.
That may be, but I guarantee you the knowledge and information you get here outweighs anything puff.com has to offer. The things this board does still amazes me.

I would bet 90% of the people over there have very little knowledge about what they are talking about.