• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

iPod Alarm Clock Radio

Mizicke5273

So Im looking for an ipod alarm clock radio/dock for my brother for Christmas. Anyone have a clock radio dock for an ipod? Anything I should be aware of, or look for specifically? So far I have found two that I think he would like. I believe he has a 2nd gen ipod, may even be original, not too sure.

iSymphony Clock Radio for iPod - $65
0082739651197_500X500.jpg

or

iLuv Alarm Clock for iPod - $80
55-998-089-01.jpg

Any thoughts on them or others?

I have the iHomes clock/radio. It was a Christmas present a few years ago. I believe they go for around $100.00. The sound is okay for a clock/radio. It comes with multiple adapters for the different types of iPods. You'll have to do some switching around if you plan on using it for more than one type of iPod.

As for advice, make sure it's a recharger. They all should be. Other than that, vote with your budget.

I have the iHomes clock/radio. It was a Christmas present a few years ago. I believe they go for around $100.00. The sound is okay for a clock/radio. It comes with multiple adapters for the different types of iPods. You'll have to do some switching around if you plan on using it for more than one type of iPod.

As for advice, make sure it's a recharger. They all should be. Other than that, vote with your budget.

I have the same one and it works good for and alarm clock, docking station.

I have this radio from Cambridge Soundworks, just without the iPod cradle built in like this one and I have to tell you it sounds way better than the Bose Wave Radio. It actually had a subwoofer built in it.

Linky

I have this radio from Cambridge Soundworks, just without the iPod cradle built in like this one and I have to tell you it sounds way better than the Bose Wave Radio. It actually had a subwoofer built in it.

Linky

That ones a bit much, Im trying to stay in the $60-$80 range. Though I know Cambridge Soundworks make quality stuff. Had a set of 5.1 Creative Cambridge Soundworks speakers for my PC. I had them a good 8 years and sounded as great as they did on the first day I had them.

I have the iHome from (I think) about a year ago. Even on it dimmest setting, I found the display to be so bright that I taped a piece of red spotlight gel over it. Other than that, it works quite well. I really like the little +/- hour switch in the back for daylight savings.

- Tim

I have the iHome from (I think) about a year ago. Even on it dimmest setting, I found the display to be so bright that I taped a piece of red spotlight gel over it. Other than that, it works quite well. I really like the little +/- hour switch in the back for daylight savings.

- Tim

TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can turn the light off, but then you really can't see what time it is.

That ones a bit much, Im trying to stay in the $60-$80 range. Though I know Cambridge Soundworks make quality stuff. Had a set of 5.1 Creative Cambridge Soundworks speakers for my PC. I had them a good 8 years and sounded as great as they did on the first day I had them.

The Cambridge SoundWorks Radio 735i is a bit less than the model he posted, at $199.

My preference, though, is for the Xtreme Mac Luna X2 at $119. The previous model, the original Luna got extremely good reviews.

The Cambridge SoundWorks Radio 735i is a bit less than the model he posted, at $199.

My preference, though, is for the Xtreme Mac Luna X2 at $119. The previous model, the original Luna got extremely good reviews.

That Luna is looking pretty good. I had originally wanted to stay below $80, and was about settled on the iLuv I posted. But after you posting the Luna, I like the looks of it and think my brother would like it better. Plus I found it for $94 at buy.com. So Im gona read up on it a bit, and think I will spring a little bit more for his gift.

Here's another plug for the iHome.

I've been using it for 2 years now, works great and is simple to use.

iPod Clock Radios -- excellent resource.

Awesome link moki! Will be reading through a few of those reviews today. Thanks for all the recommendations so far guys.

So far Im looking at the iHome, Luna X2, and the iLuv that I originally posted. The iHome and Luna seem to have the edge though, I'll have to read a few reviews on them and make my decision.