• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

IRS problems

br174

Lifelong Fan
Came home today to the day that I was dreading. While checking account online fond that the IRS finnally caught up to me from some stupidity back in 2000. Bank account 1110.36 dollars overdrawn and all accounts put on hold. As much as it sucks it's kind of a relief. Time to deal with the issue with a payment plan and compromise. No more running time to pay up. :( :(
Oh well better stock up now on some sticks dosn't look like I'll be buying much in the future.

sorry to hear, if there was only away out of taxes.

good luck with it

Paul

Sorry to hear...At least it's now being addressed.

Sorry to hear that brother. I had something similar many years ago, actually didn't know I had a glitch in my taxes. I worked a few months under the table, or so I thought, as they actually deducted the wages on their taxes. I never got a W2, nothing. I ended up having to pay roughly $1000 (included interest/penalties) about three years later. Bastages! I hope it all works out as best it can for ya!!

Sorry to hear that brother. I had something similar many years ago, actually didn't know I had a glitch in my taxes. I worked a few months under the table, or so I thought, as they actually deducted the wages on their taxes. I never got a W2, nothing. I ended up having to pay roughly $1000 (included interest/penalties) about three years later. Bastages! I hope it all works out as best it can for ya!!
Same kinda situation. Instead of dealing with it couple years back just blew it off and now its hear to deal with me. F*%#'n Sub-Contractors

Sorry to hear that!! I just never worked, seriously I never worked, so the IRS never looked at me. You know what I am talking about :whistling:. Again, so sorry to hear it!!

Jim

Sorry to hear that!! I just never worked, seriously I never worked, so the IRS never looked at me. You know what I am talking about :whistling:. Again, so sorry to hear it!!

Jim
Yeah I here ya :D That's just the end of the reckage I need to CLEAN up. After I deal with this I can take that institution off THE LIST (8-9)

Trust me, I know first hand, they take payments. As for myself, I'm just going to get a good night sleep so when I assume the position tomorrow I'll be well rested. And I thought small business's were the backbone of America. This backbone is just about broken. :angry:

Do NOT mess with the IRS...............cost me $38,000.00 and some change...........that will put a dent in the cigar funds!

My sympathies, bro. Here's a guy who fought and won but at what price - and he's an attorney! Linky

And another link of special interest to CPass members! Linky2

Steve

Do NOT mess with the IRS

x2

They put me through the wringer for 2 years all because I didn't file a tax return for one year, and another year I sent a tax return in and the bastids improperly processed it for the wrong year. These bastids slapped me with 3 $169,000 tax liens and emptied my personal savings account of a few thousand dollars. Luckily my wife is the primary account holder of our checking or I suspect they would've cleaned that out also. Once everything was cleared up they actually ended up owing me about $8,000..... and they still refused to pay the last $700 of that. They ruined my credit and cost me several hundred to a couple thousand dollars. Plus I still have this damn lien on my credit report. I feel your pain bro. Just do what you have to do to handle it and get those bastids off your back.

Not to threadjack...... but is anyone familiar with UCC(Uniform Commercial Code) forms and codes? I know people who have filed these forms and swear they no longer have to pay taxes, or at the most very little.

Not to threadjack...... but is anyone familiar with UCC(Uniform Commercial Code) forms and codes? I know people who have filed these forms and swear they no longer have to pay taxes, or at the most very little.

This is a scam, and people who try to assert tax freedoms inevitably end up in jail. Period, end of story.

IRS.jpg

But seriously Bob, have you tried it or know someone that has, just curious. I always felt it was a scam also.

I am not an authority, I have no personal experience, and I do not work in the areas of accounting or tax preparation (though I am responsible for all the accounting and tax preparation for a small corporation).

My comments are based strictly on what I've read, both in newspapers and in the media.

There are quite a few strong anti tax anti government groups up here in the Pacific Northwest, and especially as you run out towards Idaho and into Montana.

These people routinely sell kits and paperwork that allegedly allow you to declare that you are a free person and not subject to tax, or otherwise "opt out".

Periodically the feds get tired of one of the louder and more strident groups, raid the HQ, put everyone into tax court or criminal court (for fraud, typically), and make sure it gets lots of coverage... it's pretty effective deterrence.

So, if your own research has led you to believe that you've found something that is legal and will result in an absolute tax savings, IMHO, tread carefully.

BR174 --

I empathize. I made a similar mistake while in grad school... I filed an extension and then just spaced completing the process. $5000 later, I learned. But it's not the end of the world. Believe it or not, work with the IRS and they can be semi-humane about everything.

BR174 --

Believe it or not, work with the IRS and they can be semi-humane about everything.

After being audited for the same thing four years in a row I respectively have a hard time with that statement. BTW I was cleared all four times and would charge the IRS with interest on the money they owed me each time. Ever been 1099'd by the IRS? I have. :whistling:

BR174 --

Believe it or not, work with the IRS and they can be semi-humane about everything.

After being audited for the same thing four years in a row I respectively have a hard time with that statement. BTW I was cleared all four times and would charge the IRS with interest on the money they owed me each time. Ever been 1099'd by the IRS? I have. :whistling:

x2.... I'm sorry but this has never been my experience or that of anyone I've ever known to have had issues with the IRS. If the IRS owes you a refund you have up to 3 yrs. from the time the return was supposed to have been filed to claim your money. If you owe the IRS, then obviously you have to have your return in by the proper due date, lest you suffer interest and penalties. If it looks like they owe you money they will not even contact you to encourage you to file. If it looks like you owe them and you don't file on time, they will file a return for you with no deductions and the under the highest taxed status possible. I sent my 2002 tax return in, in 2004. It was on a 2002 form and everything. These dimwits processed my 2002 return as my 2004 return and then audited me because they said I understated my earnings. Like I said, once it was all said and done they ended up owing me.

It boggles my mind that there is something like $1.2 billion in unclaimed tax money that if not claimed by today will go right back into the governments pockets. I know it's very irresponsible on the part of the individuals to whom the money is owed, but nevertheless that is absolutely criminal!