• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Is it worth $21.95

pembroke3355

Banned
Looking for opinions here. I just went to my local smoke shop and they have a full box of Padron 1926 No 9 for $21.95 a stick. I know I would be over paying but in this state that just a fact of life with cigars.

I have never smoked one of these so I am not sure if it is worth the price. For those of you that have had this cigar would you pay that price for one of these? I am back and forth on if I want to go back a grab a few. So I am asking are these cigars that good?

Best Regards
Don

IMHO, that is too much to pay. I've had several, both maduro and natural, and I think they are way too hyped. However, if you haven't had them, then why not? Maybe you will love them, because I know a TON of people do LOVE them.

Good luck!

That is a very good cigar, but I would have a very hard time paying that much for one. Let me check my Padron humi and see if I have one for you to try.

That is a very good cigar, but I would have a very hard time paying that much for one. Let me check my Padron humi and see if I have one for you to try.

I can't wait for the day that I have a separate humi for certain brands :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It's not a $20+ stick. It is an outstanding cigar, but not $20+.

Do they have any of the other sizes for less? The No. 2 is an outstanding smoke and MSRPs for a couple of bucks less. It also isn't suffering from the Cigar of the Year pricing.

Can I check out your Ramon Allones humi LOL. Seriously that is very nice of you :thumbs:

Best Regards
Don

Great cigar, but maybe not worth that price. However, if you're looking to spend $20+ on a Padron cigar, add a couple of bucks and just get the 40th anniversary.

The B&M closest to me usually has them for around $18. You could also try the #6 which are usually around $12 or so, but YMMV depending on location.

It's not a $20+ stick. It is an outstanding cigar, but not $20+.

Do they have any of the other sizes for less? The No. 2 is an outstanding smoke and MSRPs for a couple of bucks less. It also isn't suffering from the Cigar of the Year pricing.

No they have 1 box each of the No 9 maduro and natural both the same price. Thank you for your input.

Best Regards
Don

The fact that you posted this tells me you got to try one!...regardless of the price.

At that price, I wouldn't be buying too many though....I'm a 1964 Anni kinda' guy and I really don't like the '26s at all.

I wish I had one to send you so you could save the money, I gave my last 2 to my son for a BBQ he attended last weekend.

Go for it Don, it's just one more cigar to add to the memory files :laugh:

Yes I may have to grab one even with the low cash flow the damn thing is calling my name. Just had to lend my brother a rather large sum of money to stop foreclosure on his home so I guess I can treat myself to one of these.

Best Regards
Don

This is one of my favorite smokes on the market. I would have no problem paying over $20 to put it in my humidor. State taxes in my region have probably skewed my view on the "price" vs. "value" of certain smokes.

Geoff

No cigar is really worth over $20, but we pay for them any way.

Try to see if you can get a trade started by posting a ISO. You may luck out and for the price of postage end up with one or two.

No cigar is really worth over $20, but we pay for them any way.

Try to see if you can get a trade started by posting a ISO. You may luck out and for the price of postage end up with one or two.

Thanks for the reply I would do that but I am still under the 4 months member rule. I just going to run up and grab 1. If I like it I can always get more these are not going to move fast from here. The darn Opus X robusto's from Fathers Day at $14 were there for over 3 weeks and I believe I bought the vast majority of them LOL :thumbs:

Best Regards
Don

Looking for opinions here. I just went to my local smoke shop and they have a full box of Padron 1926 No 9 for $21.95 a stick. I know I would be over paying but in this state that just a fact of life with cigars.

I have never smoked one of these so I am not sure if it is worth the price. For those of you that have had this cigar would you pay that price for one of these? I am back and forth on if I want to go back a grab a few. So I am asking are these cigars that good?

Best Regards
Don

That price actually is not bad... the smoke shop that I just recently went to had them priced at $26.95. ??? Pass.

Don,

the MSRP is around $18. If you ordered online, you would have to factor in some shipping cost, wait time, down time to acclimate. Cost to pace up and down waiting. :laugh:

Most B&M prices will be higher due mainly to taxes. If you want to smoke the cigar now and you also want to support your B&M, don't think about the 3 or 4 bucks extra. You will spend
that on something trivial without thinking.

That said...if you buy a box, search online for close to MSRP.

Brian

FYI - A 4-pack @ $64.95 and $1 shipping today. :thumbs:

Damn that is a great deal :thumbs: :thumbs:

Best Regards
Don

Don,

the MSRP is around $18. If you ordered online, you would have to factor in some shipping cost, wait time, down time to acclimate. Cost to pace up and down waiting. :laugh:

Most B&M prices will be higher due mainly to taxes. If you want to smoke the cigar now and you also want to support your B&M, don't think about the 3 or 4 bucks extra. You will spend
that on something trivial without thinking.

That said...if you buy a box, search online for close to MSRP.

Brian

Yes that is what I did. I went up last night and grabbed one going to smoke it today and if it is as good as it looks I will be a happy man.

Best Regards
Don