• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Is that bloom on my stick?

xRanger

And an Opus A bites the dust! :angry:

The wife and I are heading down to Casa B.B.S. this weekend, so I was going through the humi and picking out some sticks for the weekend. I thought to myself, this would be a good weekend to hit up that A thats been sitting there. So I slide open the coffin, and the first thing I thought was bloom. Then I started thinking that it wasn't there the last time I checked on it. I periodically check my coffins and tubes for anything out of the ordinary.

Then I realize the band is discolored also, black in spots where it should be gold etc.. Then I see the water ingress route. Apparently, the end of the coffin was up against the back of the wine-o-door, and some condensation was not caught by the catch basin. It soaked through the seems of the coffin, and to the inside.

Needless to say, it has been separated from the humi, and is being dry boxed now in an attempt to get the excess moisture out of it by this weekend. All I can do is honor its valiant sacrifice by burning it!! :thumbs:

Sounds like that Opus is a goner. Hope you have a good back up.

Bloom that grows on the band. That is the best kind! :laugh:

Sorry to hear about that man, hope it isn't a loss! After reading tons of horror stories I now ensure that NOTHING is touching the back of my winador.