• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Is there such a Thing.....

Dice

Grow a set and stop being so paranoid!
I read alot more then I post here,so 1 thing I tend to notice is folks saying how long a cigar lasts when they smoke them.What I seem to find is that the cigars I smoke tend to last at least 15-20 minutes longer then the times some say. For example, A P2 tends to last me about 2 hours and 15 minutes to smoke, A Monte 4 about an hour and 10 minutes, a Upmann Mag 46 2 hours and 5-10 minutes, an El Principe about an hour. Granted I nub most of the ISOM's that I smoke, but I'm curious if I'm the exception to the rule or others are more in line with the same time frame I have.

Hey Dice,

That's a pretty leisurely pace. And this is coming from a guy who takes 70 minutes to nub a Trini Reyes. I'd knock off those vitolas in about 1:30-1:40 so yeah, you smoke more slowly than most. :p Nothing wrong with that though.

Wilkey

I am very slow too. I don't have time to smoke many, so when I do I like to make them count. The lighter and slower I puff the better they taste to me.

As long as you don't have to relight them at any point, I'd say there's no such thing as too slow...

I'm with Wilkey on this one, I smoke a lot slower then that.
Buy hey, if you are enjoying the smoke and you have no re-light
problems, then don't allow anyone to dictate how you should smoke.

Just relax and enjoy!

Brian

edit to correct!

The cigars I mentioned I have never had to relight, maybe just to correct a burn prob ,but not to relight it. Probably the only cigars I have had to relight are the Tatuje's when I get to the last 3rd.

And it's not like I'm stressed for time either,I go at it pretty much the same as LSUSEEGAR stated. Sometimes I'll just sit there are look at the cigar in enjoyment and admire it. Only bad time is when I have to finally toss out the nub due to burning my lips! :)

Is there such a Thing....., as smoking too slow?

Only when you milk that joint like your mamas tit instead of passing it to ME! :laugh:

If you look at most smokers other than us most do not nub a cigar like we do. That is most likley why your making your's last the much longer.

If the pace fits you then its not too slow, its the enjoyment that counts.

I've noticed that it takes me longer to smoke one here in colorado, at about 6,000 ft elevation than when I'm visiting lower lying places. Don't know if the thinner air at altitude has anything to do with it, or maybe my cigars just get a bit dryer by the the time I smoke one when travelling. No idea, just seems to work out that way.

I usually smoke cigars in a company with my neighbor. After he finishes his cigar I still have avpit 20-40 minutes to go. Sometimes it is due to my desire to nub it but mostly I see that I am smoking it slowlier as soon as we start. It is visible.
But I like it that way and I enjoy it. So, to me it is normal.

I'd say you are lucky. Many ex cig smokers like myself are mighty puffers and burn a cigar too fast. Sometimes I have to consciously slow down when I get carried away.

Theres no doubt cigars taste better when smoked slowly. It sounds as if you naturally don't overheat your gars :thumbs: .

I say the slower the better. I feel like i enjoy the cigar alot more when i smoke at home than I do at work because i tend to rush a cigar at work. Plus its more of a social thing when smoking at work with co-workers where as at home, its just relaxing and having a nice conversation with the gf.

Only when you milk that joint like your mamas tit instead of passing it to ME! :laugh:

I don't think that this kind of talk should be permissable in this forum!! I'm going to talk to Rod about having you kicked out of here. Pot-smoking heathen! :angry:

-Fetter

By the way...I'm throwing that Taboada that you gave me away! I don't want to smoke it after this type of potty-mouth filth is allowed on this board! :( :angry:

I don't think that this kind of talk should be permissable in this forum!! I'm going to talk to Rod about having you kicked out of here. Pot-smoking heathen! :angry:

-Fetter

By the way...I'm throwing that Taboada that you gave me away! I don't want to smoke it after this type of potty-mouth filth is allowed on this board! :( :angry:

You can go right ahead and SIT on that Taboada!! I believe that I gave you the biggest one that he rolls so you should get some extra jollies as you have your seat!
36_11_221.gif
bart.gif

I'm a slow smoker, too.

Typically it takes me over an hour for a robusto.
Toros and torpedoes around 1.5 hrs. Churchills
can last 2 hrs. or more.

I smoke for relaxation and reflection, not just
for taste/buzz. But a tasty cigar doesn't hurt!

As long as you enjoy it, the speed doesn't matter.
Sometimes it's a problem to set aside so much time,
so I stock more robustos.

Chemyst

UI'm a pretty slow smoker, myself (mind you, I am comparing myself to Grateful1 and Rob300C).
I find that I get better flavors and a more accurate taste profile when I take my time.

If YOU enjoy it the most...it's the perfect pace.