• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Is this a reasonable price?

dlow

Noob
Hey guys,

My local b&m has opus x perfection a coffins for 30 each. Is this reasonable? This is the first time I've seen these local, so I don't know the going rate. Also does anyone know when these were released this year? I think the retailer has been sitting on them. Thanks.

Do the coffins say anything?

Even if they are from the Opus 22 box...they are just standard production smokes and can be had for much less. (no coffin)

:angry: Hard to get them local here in Upstate NY. plus, NYS tax is terrible. We over here, we seem to pay more. The coffin may cost you more. How much more can vary.

MSRP on the Opus X Perfecxion X (6 x 48) is $13.00 , plus state sales tax and the state tobacco tax ( 23% of gross wholesale cost for Georgia?)
MSRP on the Opus X Perfecxion No. 2 (6 3/8 x 52) is $15.00 , plus state sales tax and the state tobacco tax ( 23% of gross wholesale cost for Georgia?)

Only you can decide if the coffin is worth the premium. :thumbs:

Even if they are from the Opus 22 box...they are just standard production smokes and can be had for much less. (no coffin)

I'm assuming these were prediction a's. I thought each coffin had "fuente fuente opus x" on one end and an odd looking "A" on the other end, but we don't get many of the limited release opus around here so I could be midstaking.

I'm assuming these were prediction a's. I thought each coffin had "fuente fuente opus x" on one end and an odd looking "A" on the other end, but we don't get many of the limited release opus around here so I could be midstaking.

We talking Opus X A's Master Coffin Size:9.25 x 47 ?

MSRP for the Opus X "A" (9 x 47) is $26.00, plus state sales tax and state tobacco tax, so that is a very good price. :cool:

MSRP on the Opus X Perfecxion X (6 x 48) is $13.00 , plus state sales tax and the state tobacco tax ( 23% of gross wholesale cost for Georgia?)
MSRP on the Opus X Perfecxion No. 2 (6 3/8 x 52) is $15.00 , plus state sales tax and the state tobacco tax ( 23% of gross wholesale cost for Georgia?)

I'm pretty sure they weren't perf. X or no 2. These were pretty large coffins. This store usually has perf. X for 15.00. So I'm familiar with those. I'll see about taking a photo tomorrow.

Yeah I caught that right away in the first post. $30 bones for an Opus A is a great price. Buy em'.

Thanks guys. If the price doesn't change between now and tomorrow, I'm going to snatch them up.

I've asked this before, where again exactly can you get Opus X for MSRP online?

I'm pretty sure they weren't perf. X or no 2. These were pretty large coffins. This store usually has perf. X for 15.00. So I'm familiar with those. I'll see about taking a photo tomorrow.

There is no need for you to take a picture. Just read the coffin and see what it says. Its probably the Opus X A and if so that is a great price. The CFCF coffins tend to be more than $30. Even for the common stuff.
If it is the A, I would pick up a couple to age. Especially if you enjoy Opus X since the A tend to be pretty mild. Even for a 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hour cigar.

And what was the first reply? :rolleyes:

As far as Opus for MSRP online, try one of the respected vendors on here. They'll hook you up for sure.

That is a good price, since they are pretty hard to find. The A is one of my favorites of the OpusX line.

Why don't you try bestcigarprices.com.

why, so they can send me free crappy cigars because I'm military? I find it classic that everyone bashes Opus X prices from countless retailers, yet no one can find them cheaper anywhere..........

First of all...I don't have a problem finding Opus X at a reasonable price and many others can too. Secondly...I don't purchase Opus X from online Retailers. But since I know what prices Opus X goes for, I know what is a good deal and what isn't. After all, I am an Official Opus X Whore. Lastly...I have made plenty of contacts over the years so finding some Opus X isn't that big of a deal. If in doubt, I just open up my humidor and wham, I pull out a Opus X.

Its easier to find Opus X at a reasonable price now than it was trying to find any Opus X 5 years ago. :laugh: