• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Is this for Real?

Cigarny

Can anyone tell me if this R&J Cedro is for real? I got it as a gift from someone who vacationed in the Caribbean. I can seem to find it on google. There are very similar Cedro(s), but not with the writing as shown in the pic.
Picture2007.jpg

I couldn't tell you but the Caribbean is notorious for fake Cubans!

It is hard to tell by looking at a pic. There is a cedro delux number 1 which it appears to be. The only true way to tell is to smoke it. The cedro one has nice toasty nutty flavors. It is a very typical RyJ smoke, similar to the churchill.

I usually smoke RyJ Cedros No 3, and there is writing on the cedar in the same fashion as your cigar, and the band is very simple, easy to replicate, but without seeing better pics, like the cap of the cigar and knowing the exact measurements of your cigar, it is very hard to tell if it is real or not.

Hard to tell but there are way too many fake RyJs out there :(

I pulled a Cedro #3 out of a pass and smoked it a few days ago. It was fake. Hell, I shoulda known by the band and the cedar. The cedar did not have the "Patentado" printing on the end and the band around the cedar was the same red band that was on the cigar. Now I'm not an RyJ expert but according to other pictures I've seen, these two observations are wrong.

Yours is correct in this respect but the only REAL way to tell is to smoke it.

I'm generally not a big fan of RyJ for two reasons:
1. The taste profile (when they are real) is nothing to write home about
2. Like Montes and Cohibas, they have a very high probability of being fake :(

coventrycat
it may have been an ryj coronitas en cedro...almost the exact same size as a cedros de luxe #3 and they have the ryj red and white bands...but then again you smoked it and know for sure.

derrek :)

Well, Thank you all for your input. I apologize for the crappy pic. I did as most advised and smoked it. It did have the multi layered cap as true Cubans do, and it smoked great. I have to say I got a good 1.5 to 2" ash out of it. Im going to have to guess by the construction of it that it was real. I did not see this cigar when I googled, but from the pics you all posted, it seems as though it is valid. Real Cuban or not, it is not at the top of my list. On a scale of 1-100, I would rate this an 80 at most.