• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Is This The Right Way To Mooch?

McPatrickClan

McPatrickClan
I am looking for a certain cigar and there are no retailers in my state unless I drive three hours West to Abilene, TX. I live in Dallas county and there are no Puros Indios retailers here. I have double-checked this on the http://www.purosindioscigars.com website.

I am looking for the Genuine Churchill Colorado. Anyone out there want to swap or gift me one?

Thanks!

For the best prices on Puro Indios..check out www.silverstatecigar.com

This is what I found at cigar price:

Store Entry as it appears in the store Qnty StorePrice Shipping PerCigar
Mike's Cigars
Tax: FL Puros Indios Churchilll, 7 1/4x53, Nat 25 79.95 5.00 3.40
Atlantic Cigar
Tax: no Churchill Especial, 7.25 x 53 box 25 25 78.20 7.00 3.41
Holt's Cigar Co.
Tax: PA Churchill, 7.5 x 53, Wrapper: N, Box of 25 25 100.00 6.00 4.24
Holt's Cigar Co.
Tax: PA Churchill, 7.5 x 53, Wrapper: N, Single 1 5.45 6.00 11.45

Total found: 4

Forgive the formatting

Is cigarprice still up? Have they changed their URL? Everytime I try to access the site, I get a DNS lookup failure.

Man Carlos was taking volenteers for samplers today also!
OOPS..

Father, I believe it is. The URL should be:

http://www.cigarprice.com

They have a great site. I just recently started using it.
Dunno what's the matter...that's the URL I always use - I have a bookmark for it. I used it all the time (when it worked). Now I get the following error message:

The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.cigarprice.com/

The following error was encountered:
Unable to determine IP address from host name for www.cigarprice.com

The dnsserver returned:
Name Error: The domain name does not exist.

This means that:

The cache was not able to resolve the hostname presented in the URL.
Check if the address is correct.

Your cache administrator is webmaster.
Generated Tue, 20 Aug 2002 23:54:01 GMT by phecda. (Squid/2.3.STABLE5)

This error message is being generated by my caching proxy server which is named phecda. It means that squid (the proxy program) can't find the IP addy from the URL. Also, dig (the domain information groper) does not return a valid IP address. <scratches head> ???

FatherT, are you Max Hedroom? I am lost in the computer language you gave, but I tried my bookmark and the link given (same thing) and received an error message. I have found that this site is up about 60% of the time at best. Next time I remember and it is up, I will come here and post to this thread.

Let me know if I can help in any other way.

What was the error message you got?

It's not that the site isn't up, the problem is that there is no DNS listing for it on the DNS server that I use. DNS is a protocol that allows one to look up the IP address of a server. IP addesses used to distinguish one computer from another and like your phone number, they are all unique. But people don't remember numbers as well as names so a way was invented to refer to computers by name. This is called the domain name system (DNS) and the way it works is you provide a name and a DNS server supplies the corresponding IP addy. For example, if I want to find out the IP address for cigarpass.com, I can do the following:

[root@merak root]# dig cigarpass.com

; <<>> DiG 9.1.3 <<>> cigarpass.com
;; global options: printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 14643
;; flags: qr aa rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 2, ADDITIONAL: 2

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;cigarpass.com. IN A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
cigarpass.com. 14400 IN A 209.51.155.18

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
cigarpass.com. 14400 IN NS ns2.ehost4u.org.
cigarpass.com. 14400 IN NS ns1.ehost4u.org.

;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
ns1.ehost4u.org. 14400 IN A 209.51.155.18
ns2.ehost4u.org. 14400 IN A 209.51.155.19

;; Query time: 824 msec
;; SERVER: 207.217.77.82#53(207.217.77.82)
;; WHEN: Tue Aug 20 18:48:33 2002
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 126

and I find out that cigarpass.com is at the IP address 209.51.155.18. If I do this for cigarprice.com, there is no ANSWER SECTION. So the problem is my DNS server, I'll either have to use a different one, or set up my own on my router (which is not a good idea since it's a fairly big security risk).

Anyway, thanks for your help, I had been thinking that it had gone away. Now at least I know it still exists.

ps, if this isn't the biggest case of threadjacking on this board, then I'd like to know what is. :p LOL...I don't care, though, nobody's reading this thread but me & you anyway. :lookup:

FatherTiresius said:
ps, if this isn't the biggest case of threadjacking on this board, then I'd like to know what is. :p LOL...I don't care, though, nobody's reading this thread but me & you anyway. :lookup:
Man, I will tell you, I believe that this is how conversation goes in real life anyway. Cyberspace shouldn't be much different. I appreciate the laugh, FT, thanks.

FatherTiresius said:
What was the error message you got?
The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
If your Network Administrator has enabled it, Microsoft Windows can examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings.
If you would like Windows to try and discover them,
click Detect Network Settings
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

Typing In Green, It's Me:

This was the error message I got. I guess it's just the typical Windows ME error for the IE browser. If I can help any further, please post here.

That error sounds like the site is just down. Different from what I'm experiencing. PM me or something if you ever make contact with cigarprice again. I love that site...it's like pricewatch.com but for cigars.

I guess it didn't make it to green, but you get the picture.
You forgot to close the tag. ;)

Ya, they look like they're down. Either that, or they moved servers and the DNS hasn't refreshed yet... ???

I'm sure they're still around, the MX isn't expired

Check out cigars4u.com, they dont have it in a churchill but they do have it in other sizes. if you are interested let me know i live around the corner from them and i will pick them up for you.

Call the Arlington Cigar Shop..... I believe he has them. Sorry I don't have the number handy but you should be able to find it. Its on Green Oaks in Arlington.

Allofus123 said:
Call the Arlington Cigar Shop..... I believe he has them. Sorry I don't have the number handy but you should be able to find it. Its on Green Oaks in Arlington.
Dude, for not being a Texas resident, you sure do know our tobacco stores. I called and he said that they do not stock those 'gars. I guess I will have to search elsewhere.

Oh but I am a Texas resident......just not a Dallas one. ;)

Sure thought I saw those last week when I was at his shop. Oh well, I've been wrong once or twice before...ROFLMAO! :p :sign: :D