• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Is this the work of a beetle?

davidh_r

Is this cigar inhabited by a beetle ?

Untitled-1.jpg

spot1.JPG

spot2.JPG

Hard for me to tell for sure, but I'd get it the hell out of your humidor.

i just received it in the mail and noticed it before i put it in my humidor. It was in an indivitual celophane, so i think the other 4 of 5 cigars are ok.

Most of the time I've seen cigars inhabited by beetles, they've had several holes in a line giving the wrapper an almost perforated look. But those holes certianly do look suspicious.

SMOKE IT!!

The heat and smoke will kill the beetle and you won't even notice the taste ;)

coventrycat86 said:
SMOKE IT!!

The heat and smoke will kill the beetle and you won't even notice the taste ;)
[snapback]148813[/snapback]​

Just a little extra protein for your diet. ;)

Beetle holes are almost perfectly circular. The only picture that I can tell anything is the top picture. To me it looks like at the bottom of that knot, there is a circular hole. But it could be a shadow. As far as the rest of the pictures, I would have to say inconclusive. Just be safe and keep it out of your humidor.

Emo

emodx said:
Beetle holes are almost perfectly circular. The only picture that I can tell anything is the top picture. To me it looks like at the bottom of that knot, there is a circular hole. But it could be a shadow. As far as the rest of the pictures, I would have to say inconclusive. Just be safe and keep it out of your humidor.

Emo
[snapback]148868[/snapback]​

I would concur. Freeze it for 3 days and then let it sit for a week, then smoke it!

Looks like an imperfection in the wrapper to me. But, like has been said, better safe than sorry. Just smoke it. No need to freeze it before hand. For reference, here's some beetle damage pics:
Bugs-vi.jpg

i35000_53671-vi.jpg

i85841_93125-vi.jpg

some more beetle damage pics:

WARNING: explicit material ahead. Not for the faint of heart

buggy_pams.jpg

beetle_holes.jpg

beetle_damage3.jpg

beetle_hole.jpg

beetle_adult.jpg

beetle_3stages.jpg

moki said:
some more beetle damage pics:

WARNING: explicit material ahead. Not for the faint of heart

buggy_pams.jpg

[snapback]148944[/snapback]​

WHY WHY WHY?

Oh the humanity! Andrew you should have put that one last to build up to the devastation. I am going to have nightmares about opening the box of PAMs I hope to someday own and seeing that! You basid!

-Matt-

golfgar said:
emodx said:

Emo

I would concur. Freeze it for 3 days and then let it sit for a week, then smoke it!
[snapback]148876[/snapback]​

ok DO you freeze all cigars you get?
and also I heard that you should refrigerate for a day than freeze than refrigerate again true or no?

Mephiston said:
golfgar said:
emodx said:

Emo

[snapback]148876[/snapback]​

ok DO you freeze all cigars you get?
and also I heard that you should refrigerate for a day than freeze than refrigerate again true or no?
[snapback]149173[/snapback]​
If you are going to freeze, the temp needs to get down to 0 or below. Regular stand up freezers usually don't get to this. The individual deep freezers are usually good to go. You want to bring the temperature of the cigar down slowly and up slowly. So you get them off the truck. Put them in the coldest air conditioned part of your house in a double ziploced bag. In the morning, put them in the fridge for 24 hours. Then into the freezer for 3-4 days. Reverse the process, then put em in your humi. I freeze all cigars that come in a pass. And freeze the rest bought from online places on occasion.

Emo

emodx said:
I freeze all cigars that come in a pass. And freeze the rest bought from online places on occasion.

Emo
[snapback]149256[/snapback]​

How long can these suckers lie dormant in a cigar? I always assumed that boxes we're the main cause of concern, not singles purchased. For the most part you can see the state of every stick in an entire box (unless purchased online) and if none are afflicted, I assumed they were all kosher.

I got the cigar from cigarbid.com, they refunded me 1/5 of the total price including shipping. Very happy with that! Very smooth refund! Anyways i put the cigar in the fridge fr 24hrs and its in the freezer right now, are you guys saying that a regular freezer will not do the trick if it is indeed a beetle?