• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Is this True?

Beefcube

beeficus cubeicus
Maybe too new and I can't find anything on it.

Michael Moore's Bodyguard Arrested on Airport Gun Charge
Thursday, January 20, 2005

NEW YORK — Filmmaker Michael Moore's bodyguard was arrested for carrying an unlicensed weapon in New York's JFK airport Wednesday night.

Police took Patrick Burke, who says Moore employs him, into custody after he declared he was carrying a firearm at a ticket counter. Burke is licensed to carry a firearm in Florida and California, but not in New York. Burke was taken to Queens central booking and could potentially be charged with a felony for the incident.

Moore's 2003 Oscar-winning film "Bowling for Columbine" criticizes what Moore calls America's "culture of fear" and its obsession with guns.

Kharma is a mother fokker.

Nice work dweezle. Way to get yourself into a jam. There is a reason carry permits are issued by states.

And how fitting.......Mr. Moore will have to run an opinionentary on not only the corrupted and inefficient firearms laws, but how they won't bend the rules for the supposed 'upper crust' (liberals).

M. Gipson

The rules ARE bent... didn't we have a senator or representative recently caught with an undelcared firearm at an airport? He didn't get in much trouble, now did he.

And, to put this on Moore is pretty reaching. He is a person who receives death threats on a regular basis, I would assume after all the hoopla over his films. He hires a security firm and is presented with a guard. Now, if the firm doesn't register the firearms of it's employees in all states, than they are at fault, not the client.

Michael Moore and everyone he employs are a bunch of jackasses. They deserve whatever they get :angry2:

And who doesn't remember whe Rosie O'BiteMe's bodyguard also got caught with an unlicensed firearm.

:whistling:

Matt R said:
And, to put this on Moore is pretty reaching. He is a person who receives death threats on a regular basis, I would assume after all the hoopla over his films. He hires a security firm and is presented with a guard. Now, if the firm doesn't register the firearms of it's employees in all states, than they are at fault, not the client.
[snapback]159430[/snapback]​

If he is so anti-firearm, like he has so publicly stated, then he should have demanded that his bodyguard not carry. He's the customer and that is his right.

Now, who is going to guard him with only can of mace and a nightstick? :whistling:

geldor1 said:
Matt R said:

If he is so anti-firearm, like he has so publicly stated, then he should have demanded that his bodyguard not carry. He's the customer and that is his right.

Now, who is going to guard him with only can of mace and a nightstick? :whistling:
[snapback]159453[/snapback]​

You cant blame the man for having a security guard with a gun, with all his 'death threats' out there. You can however blame him for not looking into if his bodyguard's weapon was registered. You'd think since he is so anti-gun he'd at least check that just so that he doesnt look like an ass in a situation exactly like this. Looks like he did as much research on his bodyguard as he did on 'Farenheit 9/11'.

geldor1 said:
Matt R said:

I must have missed it in the original post, but I can't find where it said Moore was with this guy when he was arrested?

Looks like he was on his own time when arrested and tried "name dropping" to get out of the charges.

JMHO.

Brent

fllbrent said:
geldor1 said:
Matt R said:

I must have missed it in the original post, but I can't find where it said Moore was with this guy when he was arrested?

Looks like he was on his own time when arrested and tried "name dropping" to get out of the charges.

JMHO.

Brent
[snapback]159473[/snapback]​

Intersting point Brent ;) But then of course it wouldn't be news then, would it? :laugh:
Ya gotta remember, newspapers primary purpose is to sell newspapers, facts and the omission of them at will (in order to create a story out of nothing) is irrelevant ;)

coventrycat86 said:
Intersting point Brent ;) But then of course it wouldn't be news then, would it? :laugh:
Ya gotta remember, newspapers primary purpose is to sell newspapers, facts and the omission of them at will (in order to create a story out of nothing) is irrelevant ;)
[snapback]159479[/snapback]​

Interesting

Fat fingers? :rolleyes:

:p

coventrycat86 said:
[snapback]159479[/snapback]​

Can't remember who said it, but the following rings true. "Never let the facts get in the way of a good story."

If mm feels he needs an armed body guard I can understand that. He should publicly state the fact or he is being the hypocrite he so reviles in his commentaries ;)