• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Island Prince "Momona" from Kauai Cigar Co.~

I got ROTFOG'd with this beauty during the recent Newbie War, and my apologies for not being able to remember which bomb it arrived in, or from whom.

It's wonderful. :thumbs:

Firmly packed into a nut-brown, slightly glossy wrapper leaf with almost no veining, it had an unusually sweet and intriguing prelight scent that sparked my curiousity immensely.

Light was perfect, burn is razor sharp with no correction issues. Smoke is plentiful and cool.

The best part, however, is that the flavor has an undertone I associate with Davidoff products, particularly the Winston Churchill, and have never encountered in another cigar. It's a sort of sweet, somewhat earthy, elusive mushroom flavor, almost like truffles, that keeps me going back for another puff to try to place what exactly to call it. And this cigar has it! Dead on ringer for a Davidoff. Nice!

I'm only about a third of the way into it, and it's developing nicely. This is going to be a very enjoyable cigar.

~Boar

I bought a few of these on my last trip to Kauai. The first one I smoked right off the bat was horrible. Had a taste that I associated with cardboard and a smell of fresh cucumbers. I wrote it off due to the cigars being out on a store shelf with no humidification. I let the others set a while in the humi (couple of months) and they were GREAT! What a difference I found in the flavor of this smoke. I plan on grabbing a box of these when I go back over in June!

I've heard recently that KCC is starting to get cigars out to retailers, and in fact, I believe that Silocigars.com (Mindriot IIRC) has them listed on their website.

If anyone is interested I was going to pick some up in June when I am there. If you want one PM me and I'll grab some for people.

I'm very interested in trying one of these. I can't tell you how many times I've driven through Wahiawa, looked out over the seemingly endless pineapple fields, and wondered A. Would tobacco grow here? and B. What would it be like?

Back